New Volkswagen Polo GT TSI and TDI Sport launched in India at Rs 9.71 lakh and 9.81 lakh respectively
After Ford launched the Figo Sports last week, Volkswagen has now started the sales of the Polo GT TSi Sport as well as the GT TDi Sport at Rs 9.71 lakh and Rs 9.81 lakh, ex-Mumbai respectively. The price is about Rs 20,000+ taxes above that of the regular Polo GTs. The cars will be available on sale for around three months. However, if the company sees a demand, they will be continued.
The Polo GT Sport editions get cosmetic additions like the gloss black roof, black spoiler, 16-inch alloy wheels and leatherette-finished GT Sport embossed seats. Volkswagen hasn't tinkered with the brilliant 1.2-litre 105PS petrol and 1.5-litre 110PS diesel engines. While the petrol is offered with a 7-speed DSG unit, the diesel continues to be offered with a manual 5-speeder. There is also no mention on whether the fuel efficiency, like in the Figo, has gone down too or not.
Volkswagen has been pushing the Polo GT twins quite aggressively of late. This includes the recently launched LED headlamp package. It is highly likely that Volkswagen may also start selling this new Sport kit with the Vento as well as Ameo too. Retrofitting these kits is also possible as a couple of dealers confirmed to OVERDRIVE. However, the cost will be slightly higher than what you will get if it comes as a factory fitment.
Starts Rs 5.54 Lakhs
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works