Nexa P1 Powerboat Racing Indian Grand Prix of Seas to take place in 2017
The launch of the P1 Powerboat Racing Indian Grand Prix of the Seas is set to take place on the 2nd of February, 2017.
But before that announcement is made, we'd like to let you in on a very interesting piece of information. While the final roster of competitors will be unveiled at the launch, we're aware that two Indian motorsport champions will be a part of it.
Two time Asia Pacific Rally Championship (APRC) title winner, Gaurav Gill will compete in the event. Joining him will be CS Santosh, India's two-wheeler rally-raid specialist, who some of you might remember was busy getting his powerboat license last year, just before setting off to the 2017 edition of the Dakar.
Plans for the Powerboat Racing Indian Grand Prix of the Seas have been in motion for some years now, with a P1 SuperStock Cup initially planned in India back in 2013. However, now it seems like the event is actually taking place.
More details about the boats, the duration and location of the race, and the other competitors will be revealed in the Nexa P1 Powerboat Racing Indian Grand Prix of the Seas press conference, where the Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis, Jaykumar Rawal, Tourism Minister of Maharashtra, Anil Singh, Managing Director, Procam International and Asif Rangoonwala, Chairman, Powerboat P1 will be present.
P1 Powerboat Racing was established in 2002, and has the following watersport series in its portfolio - P1 SuperStock 250 (one-design mono-hull race boats) that is raced in the UK, USA and UAE. P1 SuperStock 150 (one-design mono-hull race boats) currently raced in the UK. And the P1 AquaX (stock personal water craft) being raced in the UK and USA.
- NewsCoronavirus impact: GWM initiates relief program for Delhi NCR and Pune
- NewsCoronavirus impact: TVS records a sale of 58,906 units in May 2020
- News2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE SUV gets new petrol and diesel variant, priced from Rs 88.80 lakh
- FeaturesDirty cars due to Coronavirus lockdown
- Review2020 Volkswagen Polo 1.0 TSI first drive review
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!