Next-gen 2018 Suzuki Jimny spotted at company plant in Japan
The next generation international market Suzuki Jimny has been spotted at a storage lot in a Suzuki factory in Japan. The small SUV will make its global debut in September. The vehicle will also most likely launch in India, sometime in 2019.
The 2018 Jimny will continue to be a 2-door design and will continue to be a serious off-roader with ladder frame construction, four-wheel drive with low-range gearing and high-profile tyres. Leaked images have already been floating on the internet.
The fourth-gen Jimny will continue the heavily retro design theme of the earlier cars. The front grille has a 5-slat design. It is flanked by circular headlamps on either side. The headlamp housings host separated circular turn-signals. The front bumper looks minimalist but functional and houses the fog lamps. The Jimny's flared wheel arches get a dark plastic cladding.
The theme is carried over inside as well. The dash has a blocky design throughout with separate housings for the gauges. There is an 80's style square housing for the touchscreen, round air con vents and toggle switches. The styling is quite reminiscent of the Maruti Gypsy.
The Suzuki Jimny will be available with two engine options ? the 1.2-litre four cylinder K-Series petrol and the 1-litre turbocharged three-cylinder with direct injection. An LWB five-door version termed the Jimny Sierra will also be available later on.
The Jimny is an iconic model in Suzuki's line-up and captures. It combines impressive off-roading ability with a compact footprint ideal for urban driving. Given that small SUVs are doing very well in India now, the Jimny could be an ideal niche product in this segment.
See a video of those cars here:
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?