Next-gen 2018 Suzuki Jimny spotted at company plant in Japan
The next generation international market Suzuki Jimny has been spotted at a storage lot in a Suzuki factory in Japan. The small SUV will make its global debut in September. The vehicle will also most likely launch in India, sometime in 2019.
The 2018 Jimny will continue to be a 2-door design and will continue to be a serious off-roader with ladder frame construction, four-wheel drive with low-range gearing and high-profile tyres. Leaked images have already been floating on the internet.
The fourth-gen Jimny will continue the heavily retro design theme of the earlier cars. The front grille has a 5-slat design. It is flanked by circular headlamps on either side. The headlamp housings host separated circular turn-signals. The front bumper looks minimalist but functional and houses the fog lamps. The Jimny's flared wheel arches get a dark plastic cladding.
The theme is carried over inside as well. The dash has a blocky design throughout with separate housings for the gauges. There is an 80's style square housing for the touchscreen, round air con vents and toggle switches. The styling is quite reminiscent of the Maruti Gypsy.
The Suzuki Jimny will be available with two engine options ? the 1.2-litre four cylinder K-Series petrol and the 1-litre turbocharged three-cylinder with direct injection. An LWB five-door version termed the Jimny Sierra will also be available later on.
The Jimny is an iconic model in Suzuki's line-up and captures. It combines impressive off-roading ability with a compact footprint ideal for urban driving. Given that small SUVs are doing very well in India now, the Jimny could be an ideal niche product in this segment.
See a video of those cars here:
- NewsAll Mercedes-Benz G-Class variants to get digital cockpit as standard internationally
- NewsNew-gen BMW S 1000 R in works, could get major updates
- NewsToyota halts production at Bidadi plant till July 22, 2020, adheres to Karnataka Govt. guidelines
- NewsMahindra Mojo BS6 launch by end of July, will rival Bajaj Dominar 250, Suzuki Gixxer 250 and Jawa 42
- News2020 Honda City: Variants and prices explained
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block