Next-gen BSVI Royal Enfield Thunderbird spotted in India again
On the second instance, the Royal Enfield Thunderbird has been spotted on test. As seen in the spy images, the new motorcycle will ditch the twin-pod instrument cluster and instead house a semi-digital instrument cluster for information.
The new motorcycle carries a similar silhouette as the current generation Royal Enfield Thunderbird but gets updated styling elements. With the blacked-out alloy wheels and a dark paint theme running across the motorcycle, we believe the spotted test mule could be the Thunderbird X variant.
The platform appears to have undergone change as well, as the previous spy images show a new twin-down-pipe twin-cradle chassis. The engine still remains air-cooled but we expect it to be compliant to the stricter emission (BSVI) norms. As reported earlier in the Royal Enfield Classis spy shots, we believe the displacement of the motorcycle has gone up and the company may not sell similar motorcycles with two different engine sizes on offer. Similar treatment is expected across its portfolio.
Expect the company to unveil the new range of models by the year and the could go on sale early 2020. Expect a hike in price by Rs 10,000 and the BSVI updated model will cost between Rs 1.70-1.75 lakh ex-showroom.
Image source 1 - Bikewale
Image Source 2 - Santosh Kumar
Starts Rs 1,30,764
Starts Rs 2,65,000
Team OD | 14 Nov 2019
Team OD | 13 Nov 2019
- NewsBloodhound LSR hits top speed of 1010 kmph in South Africa
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Image gallery - a closer look at the most affordable bobber in the country
- NewsBSVI Jawa Perak Bobber launched in India for Rs 1.94 lakh
- NewsJawa Perak Bobber India launch Live Updates: Price, Details, Specifications, Engine and Features
- NewsAll-electric Bajaj Chetak: Everything that you should know