Next-gen Honda Jazz hatchback images leaked ahead of its international unveil
The images of the next generation Honda Jazz hatchback have been leaked. The images give an idea of what to expect from the upcoming hatchback that is scheduled to debut at this year's Tokyo Motorshow that will be held in October.
The hatchback in the leaked images gets some sporty treatment such as an aggressive bumper with an additional lip. We also see the red highlights as it is the Type-R variant that is unlikely to be offered in India. However, the sporty cosmetics could be offered under the RS badge. The headlamp unit has been restyled and the elements such as the DRLs (day time running lights) and the projector headlamp are new as well. The shoulder line is higher and the quarter windows appear to be larger.
The new Jazz will be based on an all-new platform which could also underpin the fifth generation Honda City that is expected to debut early next year. The leaked images show that Jazz Type-R hatchback will get a 1.5-litre engine with a power output of 220PS and 250Nm of torque. The Indian spec is expected to get the same 1.2-litre petrol engine, however, in BSVI state of tune. Possibly a mild-hybrid system could be offered as well. The choice of an automatic and manual could remain the same.
Expect a price bump of Rs 30,000-50,000 over the current model on sale. The expected ex-showroom cost of the new Jazz could be between Rs 8-10 lakh and will rival the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Volkswagen Polo, Toyota Glanza and the Hyundai Elite i20.
Image source 1 - headlightmag
Image source 2 - Ferd
Starts Rs 7.42 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.7 Lakhs
- News2019 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios hatchback launched in India at Rs 4.99 lakh
- NewsHero Optima and Hero Nyx electric scooters get a longer-range variant in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki XL6 premium MPV spotted ahead of its India launch
- NewsLive updates: Hyundai Grand i10 Nios India launch, prices, details, variants, features, engines
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 S and 1200 S Race Replica launched - Priced Rs 15.99 lakh and 17.99 lakh respectively