Next-gen Jaguar XJ to feature electric powertrain, eyeing Tesla Model S?
The Jaguar XJ, that is the company's flagship luxury sedan, will be getting an important update by the end of this year or early next year. It is being said that Jaguar is working on an electrified version of the XJ, that the company will debut later this year. It is an important development especially since Jaguar will be celebrating the XJ's 50th anniversary.
Next-gen Jagaur XJ could be revealed later this year
The electric Jaguar XJ is not the first electric sedan that the company has made as the Jaguar I-Pace is all set to arrive at the European dealerships by the end of this year. The Jaguar XJ has always been offered with loads of luxurious features but was never used by the company as a platform to showcase next-gen technology. There are also reports that suggest that the electric Jaguar XJ might not be a sedan but will instead sport a hatchback like design, similar to the Audi A7 and the Porsche Panamera. We believe Jaguar will use its learnings from the I-Pace as well as the Formula E race car.
Jaguar I-Pace arrives in European dealerships later this year
The development of electric powertrains have seen a rapid development from many premium car makers like BMW and Audi. Jaguar is believed to pitch the XJ electric as the premium luxury sedan with cutting-edge tech. Talking about the Jaguar I-Pace, it is powered by two electric motors, one on the front and one on the rear, giving it All-Wheel Drive (AWD) capability. The combined output from these motors is an impressive 400PS and 700Nm. The torque figure, in fact, is similar to that of the F-Pace SVR's motor. Jaguar claims the I-Pace can sprint from 0-100kmph in 4 seconds.
Starts Rs 1.11 Crore
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- News2020 Suzuki Gixxer 250 launched at a price of Rs 1.63 lakh
- News2020 Datsun Redi-Go launched in India for Rs 2.83 lakh
- NewsHyundai helps customers affected by AMPHAN cyclone in West Bengal
- NewsGWM India appoints James Yang as president
- NewsSpec comparo: Etergo AppScooter vs Ather 450X vs Bajaj Chetak vs TVS iQube
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!