Next-gen Jaguar XJ to feature electric powertrain, eyeing Tesla Model S?
The Jaguar XJ, that is the company's flagship luxury sedan, will be getting an important update by the end of this year or early next year. It is being said that Jaguar is working on an electrified version of the XJ, that the company will debut later this year. It is an important development especially since Jaguar will be celebrating the XJ's 50th anniversary.
Next-gen Jagaur XJ could be revealed later this year
The electric Jaguar XJ is not the first electric sedan that the company has made as the Jaguar I-Pace is all set to arrive at the European dealerships by the end of this year. The Jaguar XJ has always been offered with loads of luxurious features but was never used by the company as a platform to showcase next-gen technology. There are also reports that suggest that the electric Jaguar XJ might not be a sedan but will instead sport a hatchback like design, similar to the Audi A7 and the Porsche Panamera. We believe Jaguar will use its learnings from the I-Pace as well as the Formula E race car.
Jaguar I-Pace arrives in European dealerships later this year
The development of electric powertrains have seen a rapid development from many premium car makers like BMW and Audi. Jaguar is believed to pitch the XJ electric as the premium luxury sedan with cutting-edge tech. Talking about the Jaguar I-Pace, it is powered by two electric motors, one on the front and one on the rear, giving it All-Wheel Drive (AWD) capability. The combined output from these motors is an impressive 400PS and 700Nm. The torque figure, in fact, is similar to that of the F-Pace SVR's motor. Jaguar claims the I-Pace can sprint from 0-100kmph in 4 seconds.
Starts Rs 99.56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.03 Crore
- NewsBMW Motorrad India now offers 3 years, unlimited kilometres warranty as standard on all its motorcycles
- NewsMercedes-Benz launches a new mobile service initiative for Tier - 2 and Tier - 3 called 'Service on Wheels'
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter to be launched in India tomorrow
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!