Next-Gen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited likely to debut by the third quarter of 2019
Earlier this month, team OVERDRIVE reported that the next generation Jeep Wrangler has been spotted on test in India. Both the four-door as well as the two-door have been spotted on test with the Rubicon as well as the Sahara badge. Rubicon is the most off-road spec trim of the Wrangler one can buy right of the shelf - the Sahara sits below the Rubicon. The new Wrangler with four-door and two-door body type is expected to debut in India by Diwali this year.
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara four door
For the 2019 Model year, the Wrangler Unlimted sits on the newer JL platform. Internationally, the Wrangler is available in both petrol as well as diesel engines, however, the engine that could interest the Indian market is a 2.2-litre diesel engine that produces 200PS and 488Nm of torque.
The new Wrangler sports the similar design language as its predecessor although it gets updated styling elements to meet the era. The headlamp assembly is an all LED unit. Also, the feature list is longer with the newer model
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon two door
The pricing of the new generation Jeep Wrangler is expected to be around Rs 65 lakh although the Rubicon trim could be dearer to its customers by a margin.
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
- NewsGovernment approves amended Motor Vehicles Bill, higher penalties for traffic offences
- ReviewHyundai Venue vs Mahindra XUV300 vs Tata Nexon vs Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport
- FeaturesProduct review: Kent Cam Eye
- NewsFIA Formula 3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala claims third place in Race 2 at Paul Ricard
- NewsNext-generation 2022 Range Rover SUV spotted testing internationally for the first time