Next-gen Mercedes-Benz CLA spied testing again
The next generation Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan has been spied undergoing tests in full camouflage in Sweden. The new Mercedes-Benz CLA is expected to make its debut in 2019 as a 2020 model. While this prototype of the Mercedes-Benz CLA has been spied in fully camouflaged form, it is easy to tell that it bears a very strong resemblance to the CLS-Class sedan, that debuted recently. While the front is covered up, the headlights look similar to other recently unveiled Mercedes-Benz models. From the side profile, the resemblance to the CLS is even stronger as the CLA looks like an exact scaled-down version of the larger sibling. There is no word on its India launch yet, and we will share the same when more details are available.
We also notice a larger overhang on the boot, but that could also just be due to thick camouflage. The new Mercedes-Benz CLA will come underpinned by the Modular Front Architecture (MFA) and will have front wheel drive. The same platform is also used for the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class. This means that the new CLA will also have the same front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive engine options as the A-Class.
The new CLA will come powered by a 2-litre turbocharged inline four motor producing 224PS, which will give it a claimed 0 to 100kmph time of 6.2 seconds. The engine will be mated to a seven-speed dual clutch automatic transmission.
The top speed with this engine will be 210kmph. With the Mercedes-AMG A45 already confirmed, this could also mean we will see a CLA45 variant. Given its 2020 model timeline, The CLA could also feature plug-in hybrid as well as a fully-electric version.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
- NewsMV Agusta and Pirelli Design unveil the limited edition Dragster 800 RR Pirelli
- NewsRetro-themed Peugeot e-Legend concept EV breaks cover
- OpinionOn the joys and hardships of motorsport writing...
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 first ride review
- News2018 Ford Aspire facelift bookings open in India ahead of launch
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims Aragon GP victory
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories