Next-gen Mercedes-Benz CLA spied testing again
The next generation Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan has been spied undergoing tests in full camouflage in Sweden. The new Mercedes-Benz CLA is expected to make its debut in 2019 as a 2020 model. While this prototype of the Mercedes-Benz CLA has been spied in fully camouflaged form, it is easy to tell that it bears a very strong resemblance to the CLS-Class sedan, that debuted recently. While the front is covered up, the headlights look similar to other recently unveiled Mercedes-Benz models. From the side profile, the resemblance to the CLS is even stronger as the CLA looks like an exact scaled-down version of the larger sibling. There is no word on its India launch yet, and we will share the same when more details are available.
We also notice a larger overhang on the boot, but that could also just be due to thick camouflage. The new Mercedes-Benz CLA will come underpinned by the Modular Front Architecture (MFA) and will have front wheel drive. The same platform is also used for the new Mercedes-Benz A-Class. This means that the new CLA will also have the same front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive engine options as the A-Class.
The new CLA will come powered by a 2-litre turbocharged inline four motor producing 224PS, which will give it a claimed 0 to 100kmph time of 6.2 seconds. The engine will be mated to a seven-speed dual clutch automatic transmission.
The top speed with this engine will be 210kmph. With the Mercedes-AMG A45 already confirmed, this could also mean we will see a CLA45 variant. Given its 2020 model timeline, The CLA could also feature plug-in hybrid as well as a fully-electric version.
Starts Rs 31.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
- News10,000th Isuzu vehicle rolled out of its plant in SriCity
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in a black paint option in India
- News2018 FIM Trial-E Cup: Yamaha's Kenichi Kuroyama rides TY-E electric trials bike to win in first two rounds
- NewsTriumph Street Triple RS gets two new colour options in India
- NewsFord crosses one million customer milestone in India
- NewsPrice check: BMW G 310 R vs BMW G 310 GS vs KTM 390 Duke vs KTM RC 390 vs TVS Apache RR 310 vs Kawasaki Ninja 300
- NewsOfficial: BMW Motorrad India launches G 310 R and G 310 GS motorcycles at Rs 2.99 and Rs 3.49 lakh!
- NewsBMW G 310 R and BMW G 310 GS: Watch the BMW Motorrad live webcast here
- NewsLive updates: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS launch in India
- News2018 Porsche Macan SUV facelift teased during high-altitude testing