Next-gen Ssangyong Rexton to be showcased at 2016 Paris Motor Show
The next iteration of the Ssangyong Rexton will be revealed at the 2016 Paris Auto Show in October. Code-named the Y400, this will mark the third generation of the Ssangyong Rexton. The all-new Rexton bears a striking resemblance to the Ssangyong LIV-1 Concept, which was showcased at the 2013 Seoul Motor Show. With an all-new ladder-frame chassis which will feature on the Ssangyong Korado's replacement, the new Rexton bears a "polar bear" inspired exterior, with a completely redesigned interior.
The all-new Ssangyong Rexton will be powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged GDi petrol engine whose specs are yet to be disclosed. The 180PS 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel unit in the current-gen Rexton will also feature as an option. Power will be channeled to all four wheels via the same 7-speed automatic, while the petrol unit will most likely get a Mercedes-Benz sourced 8-speed automatic transmission.
From current sketches, the interior seems like a big step-up from the current-gen offering, with a 3-seater option akin to that seen on the Volvo XC90. Expect the next-gen Rexton to be priced higher than the outgoing model.
Starts Rs 77.41 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000