India-bound next-gen Toyota Fortuner to have new engine options
The new generation Toyota Fortuner is expected to arrive in India by the end of this year. It gets a completely new design, revised interior and most importantly new engine options. Powering the upcoming Fortuner will be same engines that will be seen in the new Toyota Innova Crysta in India.
The entry and mid range models will come with a 2.4-litre engine. In the new Innova, this motor makes 150PS at 3,400rpm and generates 343Nm between 1,400 2,800 rpm. This motor comes paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. The top of the range model will be offered with a 2.8-litre engine mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. This motor puts out 174PS/360Nm. Both these engines make more numbers than the existing Fortuner in India. Toyota might further tweak the engines to make it suitable for the SUV. Also, the company might look at locally assembly of both the engines, in order to price them more competitively.
Other update is the new design language. The front profile looks radical with a new trapezoidal grille, sleek headlights with bi-LED projectors and LED daytime running lamps. The front bumper gets muscular contours along with plenty of chrome. The design does look loud but will be happily accepted in our bling loving country. In addition to the new look, the Fortuner also gets a modern interior. This has been long awaited as the existing version gets a Innova-like design.
The Toyota Fortuner will lock horns against the Ford Endeavour, Chevrolet Trailblazer and the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. Presently, the Fortuner is priced between Rs 25.09 lakh and Rs 27.94 lakh (ex-Mumbai).
Starts Rs 28.66 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.36 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- NewsMaruti Suzuki launches subscription services
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block