India-bound next-gen Toyota Fortuner to have new engine options
The new generation Toyota Fortuner is expected to arrive in India by the end of this year. It gets a completely new design, revised interior and most importantly new engine options. Powering the upcoming Fortuner will be same engines that will be seen in the new Toyota Innova Crysta in India.
The entry and mid range models will come with a 2.4-litre engine. In the new Innova, this motor makes 150PS at 3,400rpm and generates 343Nm between 1,400 2,800 rpm. This motor comes paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. The top of the range model will be offered with a 2.8-litre engine mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission. This motor puts out 174PS/360Nm. Both these engines make more numbers than the existing Fortuner in India. Toyota might further tweak the engines to make it suitable for the SUV. Also, the company might look at locally assembly of both the engines, in order to price them more competitively.
Other update is the new design language. The front profile looks radical with a new trapezoidal grille, sleek headlights with bi-LED projectors and LED daytime running lamps. The front bumper gets muscular contours along with plenty of chrome. The design does look loud but will be happily accepted in our bling loving country. In addition to the new look, the Fortuner also gets a modern interior. This has been long awaited as the existing version gets a Innova-like design.
The Toyota Fortuner will lock horns against the Ford Endeavour, Chevrolet Trailblazer and the Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. Presently, the Fortuner is priced between Rs 25.09 lakh and Rs 27.94 lakh (ex-Mumbai).
Starts Rs 25.71 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.78 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.52 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018