Next-generation 2020 Honda City global debut in November
There has been quite some conjecture about the replacement for the current, fourth-generation Honda City and now the fifth-gen 2020 Honda City has been spotted testing under camouflage for the first time. This is ahead of a possible global reveal of the new car in Thailand in November this year. As for India reveal, the new City could debut here on or before the 2020 Auto Expo.
These pictures only show the rear section of the car and even with the heavy camouflage, it is apparent that big changes are in order. The car seems to have grown a bit dimensionally and there seem to be chunkier bumpers and sharper panels at the rear. Also seen is a shark-fin antenna and a new multi-spoke alloy-wheel design. Further, the roofline seems to be a tad more swooping but still having a significant glass area. The look seems to have been inspired by that of the Civic and the low nose and sharp-faced look of that car seems to have been carried over.
We expect the engine options to be close to that of the current car. Expect to find BSVI versions of the current 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines under the hood, paired with either a six-speed manual or a CVT. The big change here is likely to be the addition of a hybrid powertrain option.
Image source: TeamBHP
Starts Rs 9.91 Lakhs
- NewsBSVI Ford Endeavour SUV launched in India, priced at Rs 29.55 lakh
- NewsIndia-bound Volvo S90, V90 and V90 Cross Country facelift unveiled globally
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza prices and variants explained
- ReviewBSVI KTM Duke 200 first ride review
- NewsHusqvarna Svartpilen 250 and Vitpilen 250 launched in India at Rs 1.80 lakh
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055