Next generation Hyundai Elite i20 spied on test in India - Global launch soon
A heavily camouflaged test mule of the new-generation Hyundai Elite i20 was spotted on test in Tamilnadu, India, which hints that the manufacturer is working on a new hatchback for the global market.
The new hatchback is expected to be based on a heavily modified platform to comply with the crash norms setting in from October 2019. Along with a new platform, the hatchback could be offered with a new engine and a new gearbox. It is unlikely that the company will offer the 1.0-litre turbocharged engine that recently debuted in the Hyundai Venue, however, a smaller capacity engine could make its way in the hatchback adhering to the stricter safety norms that will come in play from April 2020. The diesel engine could be the same 1.4-litre unit we see in the current model, although with BSVI compliancy.
2020 Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to sport styling inspired by the family design we see on the recently launched Hyundai vehicles such as the Venue, ix25 and the Sonata.
Most likely the features we see in the cars segment above such as the sunroof, wireless charging, ventilated front seats could make its way in the hatchback. Hyundai's Bluelink car connectivity app could be offered in the new Elite i20. The bump in price is expected to be around Rs 25,000 to Rs 35,000 across all variants and the new generation Hyundai Elite i20 could be priced between Rs 6-10 lakh ex-showroom. Expect the launch by the final quarter of 2019 and the 2020 Hyundai Elite i20 will rival hatchbacks such as Honda Jazz, Volkswagen Polo, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, and the Toyota Glanza.
Image Source - Robin Manidas and Indian Autos Blog
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.45 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.22 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.83 Lakhs
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Honda 2Wheelers recorded a sale of 54,820 units in May 2020
- NewsFormula 1 announces eight-round European leg for the 2020 season
- FeaturesFive tips on exterior car care
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Triumph Motorcycles to cut 400 jobs globally
- News2020 Datsun Redi-go BSVI facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 2.83 lakh
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!