Next-generation Isuzu D-Max teased in Thailand
The next generation of the Isuzu D-Max pick-up truck has been teased in Thailand ahead of its official reveal on October 11. In the Indian market, the private owners can buy the lifestyle utility vehicle under the D-Max V-Cross moniker.
The teaser shows that the D-Max seems to have got a significant visual upgrade, with smaller, more rounded headlamps, a large full-faced grille finished in black and more aggressive cutouts for the stacked indicators and fog lamps. The dark orange shad is also a new addition. Bits of the interiors have been shown too. Here there seems to be more gloss-black and leather elements on the dash and centre console, toggle-style switches for the AC controls and infotainment with Apple Carplay/Android Auto.
Mechanically. the new D-Max could possibly get a redeveloped, lighter version of its current body-on-frame underpinnings. The international spec car is expected to still be available with its 3.0-litre and 1.9-litre twin-turbo diesel offerings with improved outputs while a six-speed manual and a sharper iteration of the 6-speed auto are expected to continue as well.
When it launches in India sometime next year, the new D-Max could continue with the single-turbo iteration of the 1.9-litre unit, but with BSVI compliance. This motor currently makes 150PS and 350 Nm.
Starts Rs 15.54 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!