Next-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS 300d to launch in India during the festive season
OVERDRIVE has learnt from sources that Mercedes Benz will launch the next-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class four-door coupe in India between August and October of this year. The version making its debut will be the CLS 300d. This car gets the same 2.0-litre turbocharged diesel motor as the India-bound C 300d. This motor puts out 245PS and 500Nm. This comes after Mercedes-Benz confirmed that the facelifted C-Class will launch in India in October.
The CLS is, as usual, a sleek car with sharp styling and details and it is based on the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and that's where most of the underpinnings and interior design influences and equipment comes from. The new CLS is a larger car in every dimension than the outgoing Mercedes-Benz. The CLS competes with cars like the Audi A7 - a sedan-like luxury car that puts the accent on sportier design and feel. Images of the new Mercedes-Benz CLS had only leaked out two days before its official unveiling.
Other engine options available internationally are the CLS 350, this model boasts the new 300PS/400Nm engine called the M264. The new CLS 450 is the top petrol with a 367PS/500Nm 3-litre inline six which is turbocharged as well as a supercharged. The 48V EQ Boost system, for example, adds as much as 250Nm of 'boost' to the CLS 450. The diesels start at the 2.0-litre turbo-four that is coming to India. The 350d has a 2.9-litre six cylinder with just under 290PS and 600Nm on tap. The CLS 500d is the top oil-burner with a massive 700Nm and 340PS available to the driver. The top-of-the-line car model is the Mercedes-AMG CLS 53 which uses the same 3.0-litre twin-turbo V6 as the '43' series AMGs but tuned to produce 435PS and 600Nm.
Starts Rs 76.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56.47 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- NewsPiaggio launches updated Aprilia SR150, Vespa and mobile connectivity app
- NewsMercedes-Benz E-Class All-Terrain to be launched in India on September 28
- NewsJaguar Land Rover India now offering advanced connectivity features on Range Rover, Range Rover Sport and Discovery
- NewsVolvo Car India opens a boutique showroom in Noida
- News2018 TVS Ntorq 125 launched in Metallic Red paint option
- FeaturesImage gallery: OD SUV Slugfest
- News2019 BMW R 1250 GS and R 1250 RT with new larger boxer engine revealed
- NewsImage gallery: Audi e-tron electric SUV unveiled
- NewsLive Updates: Vespa and Aprilia to launch new products in India
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback teased ahead of Paris Motor Show unveil