Next generation Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class coupe SUV spotted testing
The next generation Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class has been spotted testing around Europe on numerous occasions in the last few months. In what seems like a logical progression, the new version of this car's more stylish sibling, the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Coupe, has now been spotted testing as well.
The overall visual changes over the standard GLE are more striking now. The front fascia is very similar to the new GLE-class that we have seen in recent spy shots with this resemblance continuing up to the front doors. The roofline slopes down are a more aggressive angle from then onwards and merges into a larger heavily raked rear windscreen. The overall shape is closer to traditional coupes when seen alongside other such coupe-SUVs.
The interior consists of the now common floating twin-screen layout of Mercedes cars. A noticeable change is the four, square AC vents, instead of the round, turbine-like units seen on the company's sedans. A pair of grab-handles placed on the transmission tunnel also strengthen this car's credentials as a lifestyle offering. The MBUX infotainment system seen on the latest A-Class should also be made available here.
Engine options should be shared with the current E-Class. This means a 2.0-litre four-cylinder and a 3.0-litre six-cylinder in petrol and diesel options as well as the 4.0-litre V8 in the AMG version. A 48-volt electrical system and the nine-speed auto seen on the latest CLS-Class should be offered.
The present GLE-Class coupe SUV has been on sale since 2015 but is based on the aging underpinnings of the standard GLE-Class SUV. The SUV has been updated regularly but expectedly falls short of newer rivals like the Range Rover Velar and Porsche Cayenne. This new change should bring in Mercedes' latest tech and improved driver engagement to what should be a popular offering for the brand.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.1 Crore
- NewsNational Racing Championship 2018 : Arjun Narendran dominates the ITC class in Round 3
- News2018 Blancpain GT Series Asia: Aditya Patel and OD Racing finish in the points at Fuji Speedway
- News2018 Baja Aragon: Sherco TVS factory rally team's Michael Metge wins 35th edition of event
- NewsFCA appoints Mike Manley as the new CEO
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT to be launched in India in early September
- NewsConfirmed: Bajaj Auto to introduce Husqvarna Vitpilen 401 and Svartpilen 401 motorcycles in India next year
- NewsNew Hyundai Santro/Atos spotted testing again before launch
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300