Next generation Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class coupe SUV spotted testing
The next generation Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class has been spotted testing around Europe on numerous occasions in the last few months. In what seems like a logical progression, the new version of this car's more stylish sibling, the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Coupe, has now been spotted testing as well.
The overall visual changes over the standard GLE are more striking now. The front fascia is very similar to the new GLE-class that we have seen in recent spy shots with this resemblance continuing up to the front doors. The roofline slopes down are a more aggressive angle from then onwards and merges into a larger heavily raked rear windscreen. The overall shape is closer to traditional coupes when seen alongside other such coupe-SUVs.
The interior consists of the now common floating twin-screen layout of Mercedes cars. A noticeable change is the four, square AC vents, instead of the round, turbine-like units seen on the company's sedans. A pair of grab-handles placed on the transmission tunnel also strengthen this car's credentials as a lifestyle offering. The MBUX infotainment system seen on the latest A-Class should also be made available here.
Engine options should be shared with the current E-Class. This means a 2.0-litre four-cylinder and a 3.0-litre six-cylinder in petrol and diesel options as well as the 4.0-litre V8 in the AMG version. A 48-volt electrical system and the nine-speed auto seen on the latest CLS-Class should be offered.
The present GLE-Class coupe SUV has been on sale since 2015 but is based on the aging underpinnings of the standard GLE-Class SUV. The SUV has been updated regularly but expectedly falls short of newer rivals like the Range Rover Velar and Porsche Cayenne. This new change should bring in Mercedes' latest tech and improved driver engagement to what should be a popular offering for the brand.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.1 Crore
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show