Next generation Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class coupe SUV spotted testing
The next generation Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class has been spotted testing around Europe on numerous occasions in the last few months. In what seems like a logical progression, the new version of this car's more stylish sibling, the Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class Coupe, has now been spotted testing as well.
The overall visual changes over the standard GLE are more striking now. The front fascia is very similar to the new GLE-class that we have seen in recent spy shots with this resemblance continuing up to the front doors. The roofline slopes down are a more aggressive angle from then onwards and merges into a larger heavily raked rear windscreen. The overall shape is closer to traditional coupes when seen alongside other such coupe-SUVs.
The interior consists of the now common floating twin-screen layout of Mercedes cars. A noticeable change is the four, square AC vents, instead of the round, turbine-like units seen on the company's sedans. A pair of grab-handles placed on the transmission tunnel also strengthen this car's credentials as a lifestyle offering. The MBUX infotainment system seen on the latest A-Class should also be made available here.
Engine options should be shared with the current E-Class. This means a 2.0-litre four-cylinder and a 3.0-litre six-cylinder in petrol and diesel options as well as the 4.0-litre V8 in the AMG version. A 48-volt electrical system and the nine-speed auto seen on the latest CLS-Class should be offered.
The present GLE-Class coupe SUV has been on sale since 2015 but is based on the aging underpinnings of the standard GLE-Class SUV. The SUV has been updated regularly but expectedly falls short of newer rivals like the Range Rover Velar and Porsche Cayenne. This new change should bring in Mercedes' latest tech and improved driver engagement to what should be a popular offering for the brand.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.19 Crore
- Review2019 Volvo S60 first drive review
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test