Next-generation Porsche 911 GT3 RS spied ahead of a 2020 debut
The Porsche 911 is revered for its breadth of ability and how there is a version for everyone. But to anyone who isn't a Porsche fanatic, the massive line-up can become very confusing very quickly. But the GT3 RS cars have a clear brief. These are the track-focused iterations with, broadly, less weight, better aero and a naturally aspirated motor.
We know there is a new 911 coming in 2020 and we have now seen spy images of the GT3 version of that car too. As has been the case with every successive generation change in the car's 55-year run, this generation of the standard. too seems to only have undergone the subtlest of styling changes. The front end gets new detailing n the headlamps in-line with four-LED set up other cars in the Porsche line-up. The bonnet too now seems to extend further down to a pointier front bumper. The side profile shows the car to have a more swooping roofline, and the haunches seem to have become more prominent as well.
The GT3 adds, as always, a prominent rear wing, more intakes, beefier bodywork and more aggressive bumpers. We think the car will continue to be offered with a reworked version of the 4.0-litre naturally aspirated motor from the current car. A maunl and a PDK automatic will likely be the two gearbox options.
The 911 is one the icons of the motoring world and has built this reputation through its combination of dynamic ability and practicality. The GT3 isa more hard-edged, enthusiast driven take on this philosophy. It's very unlikely that the new 911 GT3 RS will fall short of its predecessor, given that the entire Porsche brand has been built around this car. Expect the car to go on sale in India soon after its global debut.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed