Next-generation Porsche 911 GT3 RS spied ahead of a 2020 debut
The Porsche 911 is revered for its breadth of ability and how there is a version for everyone. But to anyone who isn't a Porsche fanatic, the massive line-up can become very confusing very quickly. But the GT3 RS cars have a clear brief. These are the track-focused iterations with, broadly, less weight, better aero and a naturally aspirated motor.
We know there is a new 911 coming in 2020 and we have now seen spy images of the GT3 version of that car too. As has been the case with every successive generation change in the car's 55-year run, this generation of the standard. too seems to only have undergone the subtlest of styling changes. The front end gets new detailing n the headlamps in-line with four-LED set up other cars in the Porsche line-up. The bonnet too now seems to extend further down to a pointier front bumper. The side profile shows the car to have a more swooping roofline, and the haunches seem to have become more prominent as well.
The GT3 adds, as always, a prominent rear wing, more intakes, beefier bodywork and more aggressive bumpers. We think the car will continue to be offered with a reworked version of the 4.0-litre naturally aspirated motor from the current car. A maunl and a PDK automatic will likely be the two gearbox options.
The 911 is one the icons of the motoring world and has built this reputation through its combination of dynamic ability and practicality. The GT3 isa more hard-edged, enthusiast driven take on this philosophy. It's very unlikely that the new 911 GT3 RS will fall short of its predecessor, given that the entire Porsche brand has been built around this car. Expect the car to go on sale in India soon after its global debut.
Image source: Motor1
Starts Rs 1.38 Crore
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review