Next-generation Toyota Corolla sedan to be unveiled internationally on November 16
The sedan version of the 12th generation Toyota Corolla is set to make its international debut on November 16 at the Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition in China. This is essentially the same car that will make its way to India as the next Toyota Corolla Altis, hopefully by sometime next year.
The sedan is expected to carry on with the front-end styling of both the sedan and wagon version, with only minor changes like new trim for the grille and subtly reworked bumpers. Consequently, like the hatchback the sedan too will have a more aggressive design than the outgoing model, with LED lighting throughout, and follow the design language of the new Camry and C-HR small SUV.
The major additions to the interior will be an all-digital instrument cluster and a new 8-inch floating touchscreen on the centre console. The infotainment now has Android Auto/Apple Car Play as well as Amazon Alexa integration. The American market hatchback is available with Toyota's latest active safety tech suite that comes with automatic high-beam, a pedestrian-detecting pre-collision system, lane departure warning and lane-keep assist. The suspension has also been given a sportier tune as compared to the earlier car.
The car will be powered by a new 2.0-litre petrol motor in the US market that makes 168PS and 205Nm. The engine is lighter, and more efficient than the present 1.8 petrol which is also found in the Indian-spec car, with increases of 28PS and 27Nm. This engine will be paired with a new 6-speed manual with auto rev-matching or a new CVT automatic which features a fixed clutch-engaged first gear that improves off-the-line performance and feel.
The Corolla Altis has been the most popular D-segment sedan in the country for a while now. This update will help it maintain this momentum, especially with the impending launch of the Honda Civic sedan.
Starts Rs 17.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 16.45 Lakhs
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- NewsBajaj and Piaggio auto rickshaws in UK as Ola starts service in Liverpool
- NewsF1: Mick Schumacher to make Formula 1 debut at Bahrain young drivers test
- NewsBSVI updated 2019 Aprilia SR125 scooter spotted uncamouflaged on test
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip