NHAI resumes toll operations in the country
The National Highway Authority of India resumes collection of toll on the highways. This is also followed while taking the necessary precautions and guidelines set by NHAI, it includes masks, sanitizers, and gloves for every employee working at the toll plazas.
The government suspended toll operations to ease transportation of essential goods and services considering the Coronavirus pandemic induced lockdown on 25th March. The lockdown 2.0 has been initiated with a few changes regarding transportation.
The home ministry has relaxed many industries to commence operations from 20th April. These relaxations apply to a select few sectors, people involved in agriculture activities will be allowed to continue their work while maintaining social distance and wearing masks and similarly, the farming industry, fishing industry, animal husbandry, food processing industries can resume their work.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways said in a letter to NHAI, "In view of the relaxations provided by the Ministry of Home Affairs for the Interstate and intrastate movement of all trucks and other goods/carrier vehicles ...NHAI should take actions necessary for compliance of the orders of Ministry of Home Affairs ... and tolling operations be resumed w.e.f. 20th of April 2020,"
The letter also read "It has been further highlighted that user fee collection contributes to the government exchequer and also provides financial strength to NHAI in terms of budgetary support,"
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block