Nigel Harris appointed as president of Changan Ford
Ford has announced a leadership change in its operations in the Indian and Chinese markets. Nigel Harris has been appointed as the new president of Changan Ford. As the name suggests, Changan Ford is a joint venture between Changan Automobile Group and Ford Motor Company. Prior to this new role, Harris held the position of president and managing director of Ford India since February 2014.
The 54-year old is a veteran at Ford and credited with the success of Ford India's expansion plans, including the setting up of the Sanand plant and introducing new products in the market. Ford's senior leadership has moved Harris to this new role because of his extensive marketing and sales experience and in-depth understanding of the China market. They feel that Nigel has the right leadership skills that will help the company grow. Nigel has held the position of general manager sales at Changan Ford for over five years.
Until Ford India appoints Nigel's successor, it has announced that Anurag Mehrotra, the company's executive director for marketing, sales and service, will also be carrying out the roles and responsibilities of a managing director.
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Hero 450 RR Dakar spec rally motorcycle
- NewsDakar 2019: Hero MotoSports' CS Santosh, Joaquim Rodrigues and Oriol Mena gear up for 41st edition of the rally
- Review2019 Audi E-Tron first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 accessory list revealed with prices
- Review2019 BMW 3 Series first drive review
- Review2018 BMW G 310 R road test review