Nigel Harris appointed as president of Ford India
Nigel Harris has taken the place of Joginder Singh as president of Ford India. He will take charge of the new role from February 1, 2014. This reshuffle comes as Joginder has been assigned the role of director of corporate strategy, and will now operate from the U.S.
In his new role, Harris who was previously vice-president of sales and service (Ford Asia Pacific), will be responsible for overseeing the successful implementation of Ford India's expansion plans as well as taking care of its growing export business.
Harris will be based at Ford India's corporate office in Gurgaon, from where he will report directly to the president of Ford Asia Pacific David Schoch.
Starting his career with Ford in 1985 as a fleet sales analyst in New Zealand, Harris has held various positions in Africa, Asia Pacific and Europe. He was responsible as a brand development manager during Ford's entry in India nearly a decade and a half before.
Joginder Singh in the meanwhile was instrumental in the launch of the successful EcoSport in India and has been working with Ford from the last 33 years.
Commenting on Nigel's appointment, Schoch said,"Nigel's vast experience with Ford globally will enable the Ford team in India to continue to deliver on our plan to provide great products, build a strong business and contribute to a better world. In addition, Nigel's deep understanding of the Indian market will help the company build on its strong foundation and develop a robust product strategy to ensure long term profitable growth for the Company and a bright future for everyone associated with Ford in India."
- News2019 Hyundai Kona Electric will be the company's first all-electric model for India
- NewsHarley-Davidson India offers flat track racing experience for enthusiasts
- News2018 Hyundai Creta facelift to be launched earlier than expected in May
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launched in India at Rs 11.76 lakh
- NewsImage Gallery: Volkswagen reveals I. D. R Pikes Peak prototype racer
- News2018 Triumph Tiger 800 launch - LIVE updates
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm 2018: CS Santosh leads Moto class after Leg 2
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift spotted undisguised before April launch
- NewsTata Motors to raise car prices by up to Rs 60,000 in India
- NewsNissan, Datsun to hike car prices by 2 per cent from April 1 in India