Ninth edition of Blind Man Car Rally to be held on February 8, 2015
Mumbai has something of a distinction when it comes to organising unusual sorts of motorsport events. And perhaps one of the most unusual event that the city hosts is the Blind Man Car Rally. Now, the ninth edition of the event has been announced and will be flagged off from NSCI, Worli on February 8, 2015. The event will be flagged off by designer, social worker and politician, Shaina NC, singer Shibani Kashyap and ad film maker Prahlad Kakkar.
The rally is unique in that it allows people who are visually impaired compete in a full-fledged motorsport event, when they navigate the rally route that is mapped out in Braille. They instruct the drivers over the course of the 50km long rally. Family members of the navigators are also welcome to participate in the event, which is targeted at increasing awareness about the challenges faced by the visually impaired. The proceeds from the event will be used for various social causes.
If you want to compete in the event, the registration procedure can be found here.
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like