Nirmal Minda appointed as president of Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA)
The Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA) is a body that represent the Indian auto component industry. It consists of over 750 manufacturers who contribute to over 85 per cent of the auto component industry's turnover in the country. In a recent announcement, ACMA has appointed Nirmal Minda as the president of the body.
Nirmal Minda is the chairman and managing director of the USD 875 mn Uno Minda Group. He has been in the auto component story for more than three decades. Nirmal has also been a part of CII as ex. vice chairman, Haryana State Council and special invitee, Northern Regional Council. Previously, he was also the held the position of vice president at ACMA for 2016-17
This year, a total of 11,950,356 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle were sold in April-August 2017 as against 10,919,150 in April-August 2016, registering a growth of 9.44 percent over the same period last year. In the domestic market, the passenger vehicle market posted a growth of 8.67 percent while the commercial vehicle segment grew by 1.58 per cent. The two-wheeler segment too reported a growth this year.
- News2020 Triumph Street Triple R launched in India at Rs 8.84 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R launch in India
- NewsKTM 250 Adventure motorcycle spied again, this time with a touring kit
- NewsRenault India announces benefits of up to Rs 70,000 on Duster, Kwid and Triber
- NewsHyundai Creta has reached the 5 lakh sales mark in India