Nirmal Minda appointed as president of Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA)
The Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA) is a body that represent the Indian auto component industry. It consists of over 750 manufacturers who contribute to over 85 per cent of the auto component industry's turnover in the country. In a recent announcement, ACMA has appointed Nirmal Minda as the president of the body.
Nirmal Minda is the chairman and managing director of the USD 875 mn Uno Minda Group. He has been in the auto component story for more than three decades. Nirmal has also been a part of CII as ex. vice chairman, Haryana State Council and special invitee, Northern Regional Council. Previously, he was also the held the position of vice president at ACMA for 2016-17
This year, a total of 11,950,356 vehicles including passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers, two wheelers and quadricycle were sold in April-August 2017 as against 10,919,150 in April-August 2016, registering a growth of 9.44 percent over the same period last year. In the domestic market, the passenger vehicle market posted a growth of 8.67 percent while the commercial vehicle segment grew by 1.58 per cent. The two-wheeler segment too reported a growth this year.
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3