Nissan GT-R to be launched in November 2015
While earlier Nissan was contemplating about bringing the iconic GT-R to the Indian market, a source now says that the company will launch the model this year. The source indicates a launch closer to the November-December 2015 period.
Nissan's other sportscar offering for India, the 370Z didn't have much success. Buyers in this segment usually go for brand recognition, something which Nissan India currently lacks. The Nissan GT-R will be a halo product for the Japanese company, which of late has been seeing lacklustre sales numbers and a not so modern product range.
The Nissan GT-R gets a twin turbo 3.8-litre V6 petrol motor that is good for 560 horses and 463Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a 6-speed dual clutch transmission that sends power to all the four wheels. The engine-transmission combo can help the Nissan GT-R to achieve a claimed top speed of 315.4kmph.
Nissan is likely to price the GT-R sportscar at a premium of around Rs 1.5 crore when it goes on sale. Apart from being a revered name all over the world, the Nissan GT-R will also give a tough fight to the Porsches, Lamborghinis and Aston Martins for being a everyday useable car.
Starts Rs 2.12 Crore
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India