Nissan India reintroduces sunshine orange colour for the Micra
Nissan India has brought back the 'sunshine' orange colour for the Micra along with an all-black interior. These options are available across all the variants of the car, including the Micra Active at no extra cost. While the orange colour was initially available with the first version of the Micra, it was eventually phased out. However, seeing the growing popularity of the colour in cars like the Hyundai Grand i10, Ford Figo and the Tata Tiago, Nissan has brought it back.
With the addition of this colour, customers will now have a total of seven colours to choose from. The interior meanwhile will feature the same piano-black centre console but now gets black door trims, and black seat fabric with blue stitching.
The Nissan Micra is still offered with two engine options. The diesel variant, which gets a 5-speed manual gearbox, runs a 1.5-litre turbo-charged engine which makes 64PS of power and 160Nm of torque. The petrol option on the other hand, can be had with just a CVT. This three-cylinder engine displaces 1,198cc and makes 77PS and 104Nm.
The Nissan Micra wasn't the runaway success the brand hoped it would be because it was initially priced higher than its competitors. Additionally, Nissan's after sales support didn't inspire too much confidence in the customers either. Nissan added the CVT to the base petrol XL variant last year. The Nissan Micra XL CVT is priced at Rs 5.99 lakh (ex-Delhi). It competes with the Hyundai Grand i10 automatic as well as the Ford Figo DCT. Tata's upcoming Tiago AMT will also be a competitor to the Nissan Micra CVT.
Starts Rs 5.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.59 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.21 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic