Nissan Kicks revealed as the official automobile of the Rio Olympics
Nissan has unveiled its new crossover, the Kicks, in Rio de Janeiro as the official automobile of the Summer Olympics. This move has been done as an effort to boost sales in Latin America. To meet the initial demand, the Nissan Kicks will be manufactured at Nissan's benchmark plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico. After this, full production of the Nissan Kicks will start at the Nissan facility in Rensede, Rio de Janeiro. This plant has been created specifically for the production of the Kicks.
As a part of the proceedings, the Nissan Kicks is accompanying the Olympic torch's journey across Brazil which started on May 3 in Brasilia and will reach Rio de Janeiro on August 5, in time for the opening ceremony. The aggressive marketing of the Nissan Kicks is due to the 200 per cent rise in crossover sales in the region over the past five years, according to Jose Luis Valls, President, Nissan Latin America. The Nissan Kicks will eventually be sold in more than 80 global markets.
The Kicks gets Nissan's signature V-shaped grille with wraparound headlights and tail lights. The windscreen and windows are reminiscent of the Nissan GT-R. While the power plants of the NIssan Kicks are yet to be revealed, expect an array of inline-4 engines to be on offer.
Starts Rs 9.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.12 Crore
- NewsSpec comparo: Honda CBR650R v Suzuki GSX-S750 v Kawasaki Ninja 650 v Triumph Street Triple S
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift launched at Rs 2.93 lakh, comes with BSVI compliant engine
- NewsHonda Amaze VX CVT launched in India at Rs 8.56 lakh, ex-showroom
- OpinionOff-Road Driving - The Right Way
- NewsHonda CB650R street naked motorcycle on cards for the Indian market?
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip