Nissan Kicks revealed as the official automobile of the Rio Olympics
Nissan has unveiled its new crossover, the Kicks, in Rio de Janeiro as the official automobile of the Summer Olympics. This move has been done as an effort to boost sales in Latin America. To meet the initial demand, the Nissan Kicks will be manufactured at Nissan's benchmark plant in Aguascalientes, Mexico. After this, full production of the Nissan Kicks will start at the Nissan facility in Rensede, Rio de Janeiro. This plant has been created specifically for the production of the Kicks.
As a part of the proceedings, the Nissan Kicks is accompanying the Olympic torch's journey across Brazil which started on May 3 in Brasilia and will reach Rio de Janeiro on August 5, in time for the opening ceremony. The aggressive marketing of the Nissan Kicks is due to the 200 per cent rise in crossover sales in the region over the past five years, according to Jose Luis Valls, President, Nissan Latin America. The Nissan Kicks will eventually be sold in more than 80 global markets.
The Kicks gets Nissan's signature V-shaped grille with wraparound headlights and tail lights. The windscreen and windows are reminiscent of the Nissan GT-R. While the power plants of the NIssan Kicks are yet to be revealed, expect an array of inline-4 engines to be on offer.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review