Nissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
Bookings for the Nissan Kicks SUV will begin in the country on December 14. The car has been revealed fully and is larger in size than the international market crossover which uses the same nameplate. The Kicks has been redesigned and re-engineered for India and is now 89mm longer.
The India-spec Kicks is based on the same platform as the Nissan Terrano, and by extension the Renault Duster and Captur. The interiors are more upmarket feeling than its stablemates but seems to carry over some components from the Captur. This is evident in the instrument cluster, front seats and the climate control set-up.
The interior has a two-tone colour scheme and the trademark Nissan 'wing' layout. The highlight is the free-standing eight-inch touchscreen, that comes bundled with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, apart from a segment-first 360-degree reversing camera. Other notable features are cruise control, hill-start assist and an eco mode.
Two engine options will be available on the Kicks SUV, closely mirroring those of the Captur. There will be a 1.5-litre petrol which puts out 106PS and 142Nm and a 1.5 litre turbocharged diesel motor with 110PS and 240Nm. The petrol will be paired with a five-speed manual and the diesel with a six-speeder. No automatic or AWD versions are available at launch.
Prices for the Nissan Kicks will be revealed in January 2019.
Starts Rs 9.55 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
- NewsRudratej Singh former Royal Enfield global president - appointed president and CEO of BMW Group India
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!