Nissan Kicks SUV teased, to rival Hyundai Creta in India
Nissan India has released a teaser clip of its all-new offering, the Kicks SUV. The Japanese automobile manufacturer recently revealed its India-centric plans which stated that the company will launch new products, strengthen the Nissan and Datsun brands, expand its dealership network, optimise flexible manufacturing and strengthen R&D facilities. It is already known that the Nissan Kicks SUV will be launched in India in early 2019 and will be based on the same platform that underpins the Renault Capture in India. However, since Nissan is the more premium brand over Renault, we expect the Nissan Kicks SUV to be positioned over the Renault Capture and also be equipped with more premium features.
The Indian version of the Kicks is expected to look identical to the Kicks sold in international markets
The Indian version of the Kicks is expected to look identical to the Kicks sold in international markets though it might differ from the international version under its skin. The reason behind this is the fact that Nissan is keen on localising the Kicks for India heavily, so as to be able to price it competitively. Goes without saying, pricing will be crucial to the Kicks' success in India, especially since it will compete with successful players like the Hyundai Creta, as also the slightly larger and slightly more expensive Mahindra XUV500 here.
Pricing will be crucial to the Nissan Kicks' success in India
The powertrains that will be offered in the Nissan Kicks SUV should be Renault's tried and tested 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine and 1.5-litre petrol motor. That said, Nissan could also look at plonking the 1.6-litre petrol engine into the Kicks for India, considering the motor is employed in the Brazilian version of the Kicks currently. More importantly, the Kicks is expected to boast of a more elaborate feature list in India, including a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system integrating Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship