Nissan Kicks to come to India only in 2019
The Nissan Kicks was due for a mid-2018 launch in India, but sources have confirmed to OVERDRIVE that the SUV will be launched only early in 2019. Interestingly, the Indian version of the Kicks is expected to look identical to the Kicks sold in international markets though it might differ from the international version under its skin. The reason behind this is the fact that Nissan is keen on localising the Kicks for India heavily, so as to be able to price it competitively.Goes without saying, pricing will be crucial to the Kicks' success in India, especially since it will compete with successful players like the Hyundai Creta, as also the slightly larger and slightly more expensive Mahindra XUV500 here.
The Nissan Kicks was due to be launched this year, but will comes to our shores only next year, in 2019
When launched early in 2019, the India-specific version of the Kicks will thus share its platform with the Renault Duster and Renault Captur, as also the powertrains, including Renault's tried and tested 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine and 1.5-litre petrol motor. That said, Nissan could also look at plonking the 1.6-litre petrol engine into the Kicks for India, considering the motor is employed in the Brazilian version of the Kicks currently. More importantly, the Kicks is expected to boast a more elaborate feature list in India, including a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system integrating Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
Starts Rs 9.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show