Nissan Sunny facelift coming to Auto Expo 2014
Nissan will be showcasing the Sunny facelift at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. Significant changes in the Sunny include a new grille, new headlamps, redesigned front bumper and lots of chrome. The updated Sunny will have new plastic and an additional glovebox. Nissan will also add a new XV Premium trim which will sport four airbags and a reverse camera.
On the mechanical front, the Sunny will remain unchanged and have the tried and tested 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. While both the engines will be mated to 5-speed manual transmissions, the top of the line petrol trim will also be available with a CVT.
The leaked images of the Nissan facelift published by autos.Sohu.com
The facelifted 2014 model will also have best-in-the-class legroom for rear passengers. The Sunny will continue to be the best chauffeur-driven car in its segment with its supple low speed ride quality. Nissan expects the facelift will provide a much-needed shot in the arm for its C-segment competitor with recent average show in sales.
A more youthful image of Sunny will be projected and this will help attract more customers to the Nissan fold. Nissan is also said to be considering something on the lines of the Micra-Micra Active. The entry-level Sunny could thus take on other compact sedans like the Amaze and Dzire in terms of pricing and could have a detuned petrol engine, smaller wheels and lesser equipped interiors.
This strategy will allow Nissan to move the Sunny upmarket and closer to the likes of City and Rapid in terms of positioning, though at a more competitive price.
The Nissan Sunny that we have on sale in India now
The incumbent Sunny will be most likely called the Sunny Active and sold in three petrol versions with a diesel one joining later. This could be more lucrative for the entry-level buyer who wants a bigger car but at a budget price. This may even be an attractive proposition for the taxi brigade.
More details about the facelifted Sunny will be revealed at the Auto Expo 2014.
Images via sohu.com
Starts Rs 7.05 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero RR 450 to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled