Nissan Sunny facelift coming to Auto Expo 2014
Nissan will be showcasing the Sunny facelift at the upcoming Auto Expo 2014. Significant changes in the Sunny include a new grille, new headlamps, redesigned front bumper and lots of chrome. The updated Sunny will have new plastic and an additional glovebox. Nissan will also add a new XV Premium trim which will sport four airbags and a reverse camera.
On the mechanical front, the Sunny will remain unchanged and have the tried and tested 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines. While both the engines will be mated to 5-speed manual transmissions, the top of the line petrol trim will also be available with a CVT.
The leaked images of the Nissan facelift published by autos.Sohu.com
The facelifted 2014 model will also have best-in-the-class legroom for rear passengers. The Sunny will continue to be the best chauffeur-driven car in its segment with its supple low speed ride quality. Nissan expects the facelift will provide a much-needed shot in the arm for its C-segment competitor with recent average show in sales.
A more youthful image of Sunny will be projected and this will help attract more customers to the Nissan fold. Nissan is also said to be considering something on the lines of the Micra-Micra Active. The entry-level Sunny could thus take on other compact sedans like the Amaze and Dzire in terms of pricing and could have a detuned petrol engine, smaller wheels and lesser equipped interiors.
This strategy will allow Nissan to move the Sunny upmarket and closer to the likes of City and Rapid in terms of positioning, though at a more competitive price.
The Nissan Sunny that we have on sale in India now
The incumbent Sunny will be most likely called the Sunny Active and sold in three petrol versions with a diesel one joining later. This could be more lucrative for the entry-level buyer who wants a bigger car but at a budget price. This may even be an attractive proposition for the taxi brigade.
More details about the facelifted Sunny will be revealed at the Auto Expo 2014.
Images via sohu.com
Starts Rs 7.05 Lakhs
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Jorge Lorenzo takes victory at Red Bull Ring
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra XUV700(Ssangyong Rexton) flagship SUV spotted testing in Leh
- NewsUltraviolette Automotive gets additional investment from TVS, to use for product engineering and R&D