Nissan Terra 7-seater SUV unveiled in the Phillipines
Nissan has unveiled its body-on-frame seven-seater SUV for the Filipino market, the Nissan Terra. The Terra is based on the Navara pick-up and comes equipped with a 2.5-litre turbo-diesel motor good for 190PS and 450Nm. This is paired with either a six-speed manual or seven-speed automatic transmission.
Top-spec models get a four-wheel drive system with switchable modes, low-range gearing, a locking rear differential and hill-descent control. The base variants get a rear-wheel-drive setup.
The interiors of the car are expectedly heavily influenced by the Navara, Higher trims get leather LED headlamps, seats, cruise control, Apple CarPlay, along with an eight-way power-adjustable driver's seat and keyless entry and go. Lower-grade cars get manual adjustment, cloth trim and a simpler instrument binnacle.
In terms of safety, the Terra offers six airbags and electronic aids like traction control, stability control and ABS. Driver aids like lane-keep assist, blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert are offered, in addition to a 360-degree camera and parking sensors.
Bookings for the Terra have begun in the Philipines and deliveries will begin in August. This SUV is a viable option for India, given how similar it is in spec and construction to SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and Isuzu MU-X. These cars appeal to Indian buyers for their robustness, ride quality and presence. Nissan is missing an upmarket SUV in its India line-up and an RHD version of the Terra, when launched, should plug that hole perfectly.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show