Nissan Terra 7-seater SUV unveiled in the Phillipines
Nissan has unveiled its body-on-frame seven-seater SUV for the Filipino market, the Nissan Terra. The Terra is based on the Navara pick-up and comes equipped with a 2.5-litre turbo-diesel motor good for 190PS and 450Nm. This is paired with either a six-speed manual or seven-speed automatic transmission.
Top-spec models get a four-wheel drive system with switchable modes, low-range gearing, a locking rear differential and hill-descent control. The base variants get a rear-wheel-drive setup.
The interiors of the car are expectedly heavily influenced by the Navara, Higher trims get leather LED headlamps, seats, cruise control, Apple CarPlay, along with an eight-way power-adjustable driver's seat and keyless entry and go. Lower-grade cars get manual adjustment, cloth trim and a simpler instrument binnacle.
In terms of safety, the Terra offers six airbags and electronic aids like traction control, stability control and ABS. Driver aids like lane-keep assist, blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert are offered, in addition to a 360-degree camera and parking sensors.
Bookings for the Terra have begun in the Philipines and deliveries will begin in August. This SUV is a viable option for India, given how similar it is in spec and construction to SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and Isuzu MU-X. These cars appeal to Indian buyers for their robustness, ride quality and presence. Nissan is missing an upmarket SUV in its India line-up and an RHD version of the Terra, when launched, should plug that hole perfectly.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 24.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsMumbai rains: Here are the areas you should be careful driving through
- FeaturesJeep Compass longterm review: Introduction
- NewsSpotted: Ducati Panigale V4 with carbon fibre body
- NewsAuto component maker Varroc Group keen on global acquisitions
- NewsVolkswagen I.D. R all-electric racecar breaks Pikes Peak Hill Climb record
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend