Nissan Terra 7-seater SUV unveiled in the Phillipines
Nissan has unveiled its body-on-frame seven-seater SUV for the Filipino market, the Nissan Terra. The Terra is based on the Navara pick-up and comes equipped with a 2.5-litre turbo-diesel motor good for 190PS and 450Nm. This is paired with either a six-speed manual or seven-speed automatic transmission.
Top-spec models get a four-wheel drive system with switchable modes, low-range gearing, a locking rear differential and hill-descent control. The base variants get a rear-wheel-drive setup.
The interiors of the car are expectedly heavily influenced by the Navara, Higher trims get leather LED headlamps, seats, cruise control, Apple CarPlay, along with an eight-way power-adjustable driver's seat and keyless entry and go. Lower-grade cars get manual adjustment, cloth trim and a simpler instrument binnacle.
In terms of safety, the Terra offers six airbags and electronic aids like traction control, stability control and ABS. Driver aids like lane-keep assist, blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert are offered, in addition to a 360-degree camera and parking sensors.
Bookings for the Terra have begun in the Philipines and deliveries will begin in August. This SUV is a viable option for India, given how similar it is in spec and construction to SUVs like the Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavour and Isuzu MU-X. These cars appeal to Indian buyers for their robustness, ride quality and presence. Nissan is missing an upmarket SUV in its India line-up and an RHD version of the Terra, when launched, should plug that hole perfectly.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsNew-generation Maruti Suzuki Ertiga teased in pre-launch video
- News2018 Datsun Go and Go Plus in South Africa: Top five facts
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019