Nissan to set up assembly facility in Myanmar this year
Japanese car maker Nissan will set up an assembly shop in Myanmar this year in partnership with Tan Chong Motor Group. Nissan will also setup a manufacturing facility to benefit from the growing economy in the Southeast Asian region.
In the first phase, Nissan will assemble the Sunny at the existing plant followed by a complete transfer of production capacity to the new plant. The new plant will have a manpower of 300 with a production capacity of 10,000 units.
"With today's announcement, we are on the path to expanding our business in Myanmar through the construction of a plant, and bringing investment and employment opportunities to the local community. We are eager to develop a long and productive relationship with the people of Myanmar," said Toru Hasegawa, corporate vice president, Nissan.
To provide the workforce with the necessary skills, the company is already training 200 employees at the Tan Chong plant in Malaysia. The Nissan-Tan Chong alliance will also concentrate on further expanding the business network, which presently includes a branch office and dealers in Yangon.
Nissan has been selling the X-Trail sports utility vehicle, Altima sedan, Navara pickup truck, NV350 Urvan van and Civilian minibus in Myanmar since 2013. The locally produced Sunny will be added to the portfolio.
This announcement is a part of Nissan's efforts in to increasing presence in emerging markets such as India, Brazil, Russia and Nigeria.
Starts Rs 7.05 Lakhs
- FeaturesMeeting the Tribe(r): Renault Triber South Africa launch
- NewsUpcoming Tata Altroz 1.2-litre turbo-petrol spotted testing in India
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055