Nissan to test autonomous vehicles in London
Nissan has announced that it will be testing its autonomous driving technology for the first time in Europe next month. The tests will be conducted on public roads in London. In a press release, the company has stated that 'during the on-road demonstrations, the vehicles and passengers will cover a diverse city environment.' During the public road trials, various passengers, including government as well as technical and safety experts will get to experience autonomous driving technology in a Nissan Leaf.
The Nissan Technical Centre Europe (NTCE) which is the company's R & D hub in Europe, is developing autonomous drive technologies as well as new advanced fuel, energy and efficiency technologies. These technologies are being developed in collaboration with the Nissan Technical Centre and Advanced Technical Centre in Japan. Inaugurated in 1991, the NTCE employs around 1,200 people.
Nissan had recently announced that the new Qashqai as well as the new Leaf will come equipped with autonomous driving technology that will allow single lane autonomous driving on motorways. People in London will get to experience this same technology. Understandably, this move will help Nissan attract more potential buyers.
Previously, Nissan had stated that the Qashqai with autonomous driving technology will be manufactured at the company's Sunderland plant in UK. It had announced that the Leaf and Qashqai with autonomous technology will be launched in Europe in 2017. Renault-Nissan and Microsoft have also partnered to develop connected car technologies.
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India