Nissan to test autonomous vehicles in London
Nissan has announced that it will be testing its autonomous driving technology for the first time in Europe next month. The tests will be conducted on public roads in London. In a press release, the company has stated that 'during the on-road demonstrations, the vehicles and passengers will cover a diverse city environment.' During the public road trials, various passengers, including government as well as technical and safety experts will get to experience autonomous driving technology in a Nissan Leaf.
The Nissan Technical Centre Europe (NTCE) which is the company's R & D hub in Europe, is developing autonomous drive technologies as well as new advanced fuel, energy and efficiency technologies. These technologies are being developed in collaboration with the Nissan Technical Centre and Advanced Technical Centre in Japan. Inaugurated in 1991, the NTCE employs around 1,200 people.
Nissan had recently announced that the new Qashqai as well as the new Leaf will come equipped with autonomous driving technology that will allow single lane autonomous driving on motorways. People in London will get to experience this same technology. Understandably, this move will help Nissan attract more potential buyers.
Previously, Nissan had stated that the Qashqai with autonomous driving technology will be manufactured at the company's Sunderland plant in UK. It had announced that the Leaf and Qashqai with autonomous technology will be launched in Europe in 2017. Renault-Nissan and Microsoft have also partnered to develop connected car technologies.
- Review2019 Nissan Kicks first drive review
- News2019 Land Rover Discovery Sport launched in India at Rs 44.68 lakh, more powerful diesel option added
- NewsImage gallery: Koeniggsegg Regera KNC
- NewsHonda X-Blade launched with ABS at Rs 87,776
- NewsThis is the most outrageous Koenigsegg Regera hypercar yet
- News2019 BMW X4 coupe-SUV spotted testing in India, launch early next year
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina's 1900PS hypercar will be called Battista
- NewsNissan Kicks SUV bookings to open on December 14
- NewsDiscounts of up to Rs 50,000 offered on BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards