Now anyone can drive at the Buddh International Circuit
The Buddh International Circuit (BIC) is now almost three years old but has so far been open to public only on select track days that have been few and far between. Now, however, BIC has started offering 'Arrive and Drive' so that the enthusiasts can go to the track and put in some laps in a VW Polo Cup race car.
BIC is offering 'Arrive and Drive' in a Polo R cup car at the F1 racetrack
The idea is simple: enthusiasts interested in driving on this world class F1 track simply have to make a call and ask for the next available slot. The track is often rented out for corporate events, but the officials inform us that the slots are generally available about twice a week.
However, you can't simply land up at the track and start tearing it up. Customers will first receive training on safety and track driving before being allowed to drive the race car. The car is a race spec VW Polo cup car that produces 130PS from its 1.6-litre diesel engine. A six-speed manual transmission, full roll cage and race-tuned suspension along with full slick tyres ensure a proper race experience.
The experience is priced at Rs 5,000 for 5 laps, Rs 10,000 for half-an-hour and Rs 15,000 for one hour of track time. These prices are very competitive and are among the most affordable ways to have a proper race track experience in the country.
- NewsDaimler India will launch 50 products in domestic as well as international markets
- NewsSwapping stakes in KTM for a reasonable share in Pierer Industries on cards for Bajaj
- News2019 Hero Xpulse 200 spotted uncamouflaged ahead of its official launch
- FeaturesRacedecade: Celebrating 10 years of racing for VW Motorsport India
- NewsAvan Trend E electric scooter launched in India at Rs 56,900