OD reader gets Mercedes-Benz plant tour
Every month, our mailbox is filled with notes and letters from fellow petrolheads who share with us the pure joy of automobiles. And it's heart-warming to note that quite a large number of them are youngsters who cannot wait to get out there and build one of their own. We are more than glad to put up those lovingly crafted sketches and creations they send to OD mag. But it looks like we're not the only ones noticing all this talent we stumble upon in our inboxes.
Vatsal with Mercedes-Benz India CEO, Eberhard Kern and the sketch in question
OD reader, Vatsal Patel recently sent us his rendition of the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and we promptly published it in the mailbox section of our June issue. Well, the guys at Mercedes-Benz got up and took note and were happy to have him over at their plant in Pune. Vatsal, along with his father, was taken on a tour of the facility and was even treated to an SUV track experience. Vatsal even got to meet with Mercedes-Benz India CEO, Eberhard Kern, whose idea it was in the first place to invite the final year mechanical engineering student to the Pune plant.
We wish Vatsal Patel the very best and hope those sketches and drawings one day materialise into living, breathing creations of his own. He is definitely headed in the right direction, this one.
|I am a final year student of mechanical engineering and I love the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. I would like to share my drawing of this beautiful car. I think the SLS AMG is an amazing car with a terrific 6.3-litre engine that is packed with AMG's precious engine technology. Add to that the fact that the car looks gorgeous - what's not to like.|
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani