OD reader gets Mercedes-Benz plant tour
Every month, our mailbox is filled with notes and letters from fellow petrolheads who share with us the pure joy of automobiles. And it's heart-warming to note that quite a large number of them are youngsters who cannot wait to get out there and build one of their own. We are more than glad to put up those lovingly crafted sketches and creations they send to OD mag. But it looks like we're not the only ones noticing all this talent we stumble upon in our inboxes.
Vatsal with Mercedes-Benz India CEO, Eberhard Kern and the sketch in question
OD reader, Vatsal Patel recently sent us his rendition of the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and we promptly published it in the mailbox section of our June issue. Well, the guys at Mercedes-Benz got up and took note and were happy to have him over at their plant in Pune. Vatsal, along with his father, was taken on a tour of the facility and was even treated to an SUV track experience. Vatsal even got to meet with Mercedes-Benz India CEO, Eberhard Kern, whose idea it was in the first place to invite the final year mechanical engineering student to the Pune plant.
We wish Vatsal Patel the very best and hope those sketches and drawings one day materialise into living, breathing creations of his own. He is definitely headed in the right direction, this one.
|I am a final year student of mechanical engineering and I love the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. I would like to share my drawing of this beautiful car. I think the SLS AMG is an amazing car with a terrific 6.3-litre engine that is packed with AMG's precious engine technology. Add to that the fact that the car looks gorgeous - what's not to like.|
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review