ODRecap: Benelli TNT 600i ABS launched, Motorcycle registration rates hiked, and more
DSK Benelli TNT 600i with ABS launched in India at Rs 5.73 lakh
DSK Benelli has launched an ABS-equipped variant of the TNT 600i in India at Rs 5.73 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The ABS option is a Rs 31,000 premium than the standard TNT 600i. Other than the ABS, no other mechanical changes have been introduced.
Motorcycle registration rates hiked in Maharashtra
The Government of Maharashtra has recently hiked the cost to register a new motorcycle in the state. The amount of which depends on the bike's engine displacement. For CBUs however, the new rates have skyrocketed to 20 per cent for those above 300cc and above.
2016 Datsun redi-Go launched in India at Rs 2.49 lakh
Datsun India has officially announced prices of its latest offering, the redi-Go starting at Rs 2.49 lakh, ex-Mumbai. There are five trims to choose from with the top S offering a driver airbag as standard. Powering the Datsun redi-Go is an 800cc petrol engine that makes 54PS/72Nm and is mated to a 5-speed manual.
Maharashtra Govt wants speed governors on tourist vehicle and buses
After the recent Pune-Mumbai Expressway accident which claimed 17 lives, the Government of Maharashtra is planning to install speed governors on all tourist vehicles and school buses. Diwakar Raote, Maharashtra's transport minister, is keen on installing speed governors on passenger cars as well, in an effort to reduce road accidents.
Airbag industry in India to reach Rs 2,000 crore by 2019
The government has been improving the vehicle safety standards and initiated the BNVSAP (Bharat New Vehicle Safety Assessment Programme). These new safety standards though won't make use of airbags in personal vehicles mandatory, but these are most obviously the way ahead.
Starts Rs 2.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6,20,000
Starts Rs 25,99,000
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea