#ODRecap: BMW bikes' emergency support, Michael Steiner replacing Wolfgang Hatz at Porsche, and more
BMW to introduce emergency support system on its motorcycles
BMW Motorrad is going to introduce an emergency support system on its bikes from 2017. The system automatically activates when the sensors detect a high-speed crash. The system uses a GPS to locate the motorcycle and includes a dedicated cellular connection that will be used to reach the BMW call centre. Read all about the emergency support system here.
Michael Steiner to replace Wolfgang Hatz at Porsche R&D
Michael Steiner is set to replace Wolfgang Hatz as the head of the R&D department at Porsche. Hatz was the head of the 918 Spyder programme and played a major role in the development of the 919 Hybrid Le Mans race car. Read all about this change here.
Suzuki opens 'World Class Showroom' for big bikes in Delhi
Suzuki has opened what it called a "World Class Showroom (WCS)" for its superbike range in Delhi. Dream Suzuki is located in Patel Nagar, Delhi. The WCS will house Suzuki's superbike range as well as its ATVs. More information on the new showroom here.
Honda opens 84th outlet for pre-owned two-wheelers
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter has opened its 84th Best Deal outlet in India at Secunderabad, its third in Telangana. Best Deal allows customers to come choose a pre-owned Honda two-wheeler. Called Fortune Honda, the outlet will also offer customers to exchange their existing two-wheelers of any brand for a used Honda. Read more about the Honda pre-owned two-wheeler dealership here.
Starts Rs 77,015
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa