#ODRecap: BMW bikes' emergency support, Michael Steiner replacing Wolfgang Hatz at Porsche, and more
BMW to introduce emergency support system on its motorcycles
BMW Motorrad is going to introduce an emergency support system on its bikes from 2017. The system automatically activates when the sensors detect a high-speed crash. The system uses a GPS to locate the motorcycle and includes a dedicated cellular connection that will be used to reach the BMW call centre. Read all about the emergency support system here.
Michael Steiner to replace Wolfgang Hatz at Porsche R&D
Michael Steiner is set to replace Wolfgang Hatz as the head of the R&D department at Porsche. Hatz was the head of the 918 Spyder programme and played a major role in the development of the 919 Hybrid Le Mans race car. Read all about this change here.
Suzuki opens 'World Class Showroom' for big bikes in Delhi
Suzuki has opened what it called a "World Class Showroom (WCS)" for its superbike range in Delhi. Dream Suzuki is located in Patel Nagar, Delhi. The WCS will house Suzuki's superbike range as well as its ATVs. More information on the new showroom here.
Honda opens 84th outlet for pre-owned two-wheelers
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter has opened its 84th Best Deal outlet in India at Secunderabad, its third in Telangana. Best Deal allows customers to come choose a pre-owned Honda two-wheeler. Called Fortune Honda, the outlet will also offer customers to exchange their existing two-wheelers of any brand for a used Honda. Read more about the Honda pre-owned two-wheeler dealership here.
Starts Rs 77,015
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019