Ok Play ventures into electric vehicle industry
Ok Play, a plastic manufacturing company, has announced its venture into the Indian two-wheeler market. The company will be launching a range of indigenously developed electric scooters. The e-scooters and e-bikes have a plastic body and a claimed range of 80km on a single charge, with an average speed of 40kmph.
Ok Play is well known for manufacturing of toys, children's furniture, playground equipment etc. The company also manufactures automotive components like bus seats, fuel tanks etc. The company had first forayed into the electric automobile business in December 2015 with the launch of its electric rickshaw named E-Raaja.
Now the company has launched six electric two-wheeler models - E Letriko, E Bravo, M-Ezee, Funk E, Self E and E Trend. The vehicles will be produced at the company's eight facilities in Sohna, Kurukshertra, Surat, Ahmednagar, Ranipet, Kolkata, Guwahati and Cuttack, with a claimed annual production capacity of 96,000 vehicles.
The prices for the electric two-wheeler range will be revealed at the BV Tech Expo and India E-Vehicle Show scheduled to happen in New Delhi between March 27 and 29, 2017. Ok Play will also be revealing a range of electric vehicles at the show, including electric loaders and electric garbage collecting vehicles. The two-wheeler range will be sold alongside other Ok Play EVs through their existing dealership network.
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh