Okinawa Ridge+ electric scooter with detachable lithium-ion battery launched in India at Rs 64,988
Okinawa Scooters has launched Ridge+ electric scooter in the country at a price of Rs 64,988, ex-showroom. The electric scooter features a detachable lithium-ion battery powering an 800 watt, waterproof BLDC motor. The Okinawa Ridge+ is available in two colours, Lucent Orange/Magna Grey and Midnight Blue. The Ridge+ follows the launch of the Okinawa Ridge and Praise e-scooters by the company. The Ridge+ has a claimed top speed of 55kmph and a range of 120km per charge. It can take a maximum payload of 150kg.
The lithium-ion battery with a micro-charger and auto cut-off charges to full in two hours. The Ridge+ also features central locking, anti-theft alarm, keyless entry and more importantly it also sports electronic-assisted braking system energy regeneration and a Find My Scooter function that allows you to remotely locate your scooter.
Jeetender Sharma, MD, Okinawa Autotech Pvt Ltd said, "The Ridge+ is the result of Okinawa's sustained desire to keep offering Indian commuters best-in-class EVs which are not only equal, but even better than their in-class conventional fuel variants. The user can take out the battery and carry it home or to office for charging purpose."
The detachable lithium-ion battery can charge to full in two hours and gives the Ridge+ a claimed range of 120km
The Okinawa Ridge+ is available at all dealerships across the country, with 500 units of the e-scooter ready to be rolled out in October and another 1,500 units in November. The company aims to increase the roll-out in subsequent months.
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range
- NewsThree SUVs that will compete with Jeep Renegade in India
- NewsDucati Dream Tour Rajasthan to be held from February 1 to 5, 2019
- News2018 INRC: Gaurav Gill claims championship title with Popular Rally victory
- News2019 Ford Figo facelift spotted testing undisguised
- NewsUpdated Force Gurkha Xtreme launched at Rs 12.99 lakh
- NewsKTM working on a bigger and better RC390, to take on Yamaha R3 and Kawasaki Ninja 400
- NewsHyundai QXi sub-four meter SUV spotted testing in South Korea
- NewsLambretta EV to be launched in India in 2020
- News2019 Toyota Camry hybrid to launch in India on January 18