Okinawa Ridge+ electric scooter with detachable lithium-ion battery launched in India at Rs 64,988
Okinawa Scooters has launched Ridge+ electric scooter in the country at a price of Rs 64,988, ex-showroom. The electric scooter features a detachable lithium-ion battery powering an 800 watt, waterproof BLDC motor. The Okinawa Ridge+ is available in two colours, Lucent Orange/Magna Grey and Midnight Blue. The Ridge+ follows the launch of the Okinawa Ridge and Praise e-scooters by the company. The Ridge+ has a claimed top speed of 55kmph and a range of 120km per charge. It can take a maximum payload of 150kg.
The lithium-ion battery with a micro-charger and auto cut-off charges to full in two hours. The Ridge+ also features central locking, anti-theft alarm, keyless entry and more importantly it also sports electronic-assisted braking system energy regeneration and a Find My Scooter function that allows you to remotely locate your scooter.
Jeetender Sharma, MD, Okinawa Autotech Pvt Ltd said, "The Ridge+ is the result of Okinawa's sustained desire to keep offering Indian commuters best-in-class EVs which are not only equal, but even better than their in-class conventional fuel variants. The user can take out the battery and carry it home or to office for charging purpose."
The detachable lithium-ion battery can charge to full in two hours and gives the Ridge+ a claimed range of 120km
The Okinawa Ridge+ is available at all dealerships across the country, with 500 units of the e-scooter ready to be rolled out in October and another 1,500 units in November. The company aims to increase the roll-out in subsequent months.
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India
- NewsImage gallery: India-bound 2019 Yamaha YZF-R3
- NewsDucati Multistrada 1260 Enduro breaks cover
- News2019 Kawasaki Z900 launched in India at Rs 7.68 lakh, same price as earlier
- NewsEXCLUSIVE: KTM India set to launch 125 Duke in India next month?