Okinawa Ridge launched in India at Rs 43,702
Okinawa, the newest entrant in the Indian electric two-wheeler market, has launched its first product, the Ridge electric scooter. The Okinawa Ridge is priced at Rs 43,702 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The company claims that the Ridge electric scooter can reach a top speed of 55kmph and has a range of 200 kilometres. Okinawa claims that the Ridge electric scooter can be fully charged in around six to eight hours. However, it can be charged by up to 80 per cent in under two hours by using the fast charging mode.
The Okinawa Ridge comes equipped with alloys, tubeless tyres and telescopic suspension. There's also anti-theft alarm, speedometer and Electric Assisted Braking System which utilises energy generated during braking to charge the battery. The Okinawa Ridge is available in red, white, green-gold and red-white colour combinations.
Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. was founded in 2015 by Jeetender Sharma and Rupali Sharma. Prior to Okinawa, Jeetender has worked for 18 years in Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India across manufacturing, new model development and supplier quality assurance departments. The company headquarters are located in JMD Megapolis, Sohna Road, Gurgaon. The manufacturing facility is located in Bhiwandi, Rajasthan.
The company currently has 24 dealers across the country in states like Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh. The company is planning to invest around Rs 300 crore in the next three years and is planning to introduce two more products this year.
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works