Okinawa Ridge launched in India at Rs 43,702
Okinawa, the newest entrant in the Indian electric two-wheeler market, has launched its first product, the Ridge electric scooter. The Okinawa Ridge is priced at Rs 43,702 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The company claims that the Ridge electric scooter can reach a top speed of 55kmph and has a range of 200 kilometres. Okinawa claims that the Ridge electric scooter can be fully charged in around six to eight hours. However, it can be charged by up to 80 per cent in under two hours by using the fast charging mode.
The Okinawa Ridge comes equipped with alloys, tubeless tyres and telescopic suspension. There's also anti-theft alarm, speedometer and Electric Assisted Braking System which utilises energy generated during braking to charge the battery. The Okinawa Ridge is available in red, white, green-gold and red-white colour combinations.
Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. was founded in 2015 by Jeetender Sharma and Rupali Sharma. Prior to Okinawa, Jeetender has worked for 18 years in Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India across manufacturing, new model development and supplier quality assurance departments. The company headquarters are located in JMD Megapolis, Sohna Road, Gurgaon. The manufacturing facility is located in Bhiwandi, Rajasthan.
The company currently has 24 dealers across the country in states like Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh. The company is planning to invest around Rs 300 crore in the next three years and is planning to introduce two more products this year.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled