Okinawa Ridge launched in India at Rs 43,702
Okinawa, the newest entrant in the Indian electric two-wheeler market, has launched its first product, the Ridge electric scooter. The Okinawa Ridge is priced at Rs 43,702 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The company claims that the Ridge electric scooter can reach a top speed of 55kmph and has a range of 200 kilometres. Okinawa claims that the Ridge electric scooter can be fully charged in around six to eight hours. However, it can be charged by up to 80 per cent in under two hours by using the fast charging mode.
The Okinawa Ridge comes equipped with alloys, tubeless tyres and telescopic suspension. There's also anti-theft alarm, speedometer and Electric Assisted Braking System which utilises energy generated during braking to charge the battery. The Okinawa Ridge is available in red, white, green-gold and red-white colour combinations.
Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. was founded in 2015 by Jeetender Sharma and Rupali Sharma. Prior to Okinawa, Jeetender has worked for 18 years in Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India across manufacturing, new model development and supplier quality assurance departments. The company headquarters are located in JMD Megapolis, Sohna Road, Gurgaon. The manufacturing facility is located in Bhiwandi, Rajasthan.
The company currently has 24 dealers across the country in states like Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh. The company is planning to invest around Rs 300 crore in the next three years and is planning to introduce two more products this year.
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19