Okinawa Ridge launched in India at Rs 43,702
Okinawa, the newest entrant in the Indian electric two-wheeler market, has launched its first product, the Ridge electric scooter. The Okinawa Ridge is priced at Rs 43,702 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The company claims that the Ridge electric scooter can reach a top speed of 55kmph and has a range of 200 kilometres. Okinawa claims that the Ridge electric scooter can be fully charged in around six to eight hours. However, it can be charged by up to 80 per cent in under two hours by using the fast charging mode.
The Okinawa Ridge comes equipped with alloys, tubeless tyres and telescopic suspension. There's also anti-theft alarm, speedometer and Electric Assisted Braking System which utilises energy generated during braking to charge the battery. The Okinawa Ridge is available in red, white, green-gold and red-white colour combinations.
Okinawa Autotech Pvt. Ltd. was founded in 2015 by Jeetender Sharma and Rupali Sharma. Prior to Okinawa, Jeetender has worked for 18 years in Honda Motorcycles and Scooters India across manufacturing, new model development and supplier quality assurance departments. The company headquarters are located in JMD Megapolis, Sohna Road, Gurgaon. The manufacturing facility is located in Bhiwandi, Rajasthan.
The company currently has 24 dealers across the country in states like Rajasthan, Haryana, Punjab and Madhya Pradesh. The company is planning to invest around Rs 300 crore in the next three years and is planning to introduce two more products this year.
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show