One-million new Skoda Octavias produced till date
Skoda which globally unveiled the all-new third generation Octavia in 2013, has rolled out the millionth unit from the Mlada Boleslav factory. A total of five million Octavias have been produced since 1966. It is also the company's most successful car in its history. The new-gen Skoda Octavia is based on the company's MQB platform. Skoda says that more than 4.3 lakh vehicles were delivered to customers around the world last year. The milestone vehicle was a moon-white colour Octavia Scout.
Globally, Skoda offers the new Octavia in sedan and estate body styles, with different iterations available in these as well. There are a host of new engines as well offered with the car - petrol, diesel and with natural gas. While front wheel-drive is standard, all-wheel drive is optional on certain models.
Skoda manufactures the Octavia primarily in its Czech facility. However the car is also assembled in India, China, Kazakhstan as well as Russia. Speaking of which, the new Octavia has had a not so successful run in the country owing primarily to its premium pricing. Skoda haven't given any updates or price revisions to the current model since its launch, which according to the sales data, clocks less than 100 units a month now.
Starts Rs 15.87 Lakhs
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review