Onkar S Kanwar gets awarded with 'Order of Merit' of Hungary
The Chairman of Apollo Tyres Ltd. Onkar S Kanwar, was recently awarded with the Officers Cross (Civilian Division) of the 'Order of Merit' of Hungary. This award was conferred upon Kanwar in recognition of his work towards strengthening Hungarian-Indian economic relations through the company's investment in Hungary, thereby helping create new jobs in Hungary.
This decoration was first awarded by the President of the Republic of Hungary, Janos Ader, on the recommendation of the Hungarian Prime Minister. H E Gyula Petho, Ambassador of Hungary to India, officially handed over the 'Order of Merit' to Onkar S Kanwar in Delhi at a specially hosted reception.
Apollo Tyres has invested Euro 475 million to set up the greenfield facility in Gyongyoshalasz, Hungary, which manufactures passenger car and commercial vehicle tyres. This facility currently employs 800 people, out of which nearly 95 per cent are locals. This is Apollo Tyres' second production facility in Europe, and sixth worldwide. The production capacity continues to be ramped up in this facility, and will reach the planned production levels for Phase I by 2019.
- NewsMaruti Suzuki to discontinue diesel models from 2020 - will offer an EV for Rs 9 lakh
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Baleno hatchback diesel and RS variants see price hike
- NewsHarley Davidson reported a drop of 26.8 per cent in its Q1 earnings of 2019
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera Volante
- NewsAston Martin unveils the DBS Superleggera Volante, its fastest convertible yet
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip