Dakar 2018: Oriol Mena puts Hero MotoSports 20th overall after Stage 6
After an impressive eleventh place finish in Stage 5, Hero MotoSports rookie rider, Oriol Mena had another strong performance. On the stage from Arequipa to La Paz, Mena managed to keep mistakes to the minimum and ended the day's rallying 22nd. This puts him 20th overall in the Moto Class.
Speaking to us after what was clearly a hard day of riding, Mena said that he was moderately happy with his performance so far, despite the fact that he made a few errors here and there. There is, he reiterated, plenty to learn.
Team Manager, Wolfgang Fischer said that Oriol Mena, who is competing in his first ever Dakar, has shown tremendous physical and mental resilience.
Watch the full interview with Mena here.
- NewsLive Updates: KTM 790 Duke launching in India today
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Presso Micro SUV teased ahead of its India launch on September 30
- NewsFreak accident results in death of three at Rally of Jodhpur
- NewsINRC 2019: Incident leads to cancellation of Rally of Jodhpur
- FeaturesUnderstanding Maruti Suzuki's HEARTECT platform