Over the air updates for the Ather 450 electric scooter explained
Ather has release over-the-air (OTA) updates for their electric scooter, the Ather 450. Since the launch, Ather energy has updated the scooter, however, this update has marginal changes to navigation and the range.
The update allows the navigation to suggest alternate routes by popping up the go and the rider can opt for a better route to his/her destination. The rider can select the suggested route by pressing the start switch.
Ather has stated that the range prediction feature will hibernate until the company has enough data for the feature to not misguide the users. The riders will get a range set higher or lower than what the dashboard shows at full charge. If the rider demands hard acceleration and braking which in result affects the range of the scooter then the UI alerts the rider in real-time.
Renaming the modes
The update has the modes renamed from Normal mode to Sport mode and Eco mode is now dubbed the Ride mode. In Sport mode, the riders can achieve a range of 55 kilometres, however, the riders can achieve a higher battery range depending on the inputs. In the Ride mode, the median range displayed on the screen is 65 kilometres but as batteries start to drain the displayed range gradually comes down.
The manufacturers are working on a new mode which is currently in homologation and is expected to offer a real-time range of 75 kilometres.
The cellphone application will display history and an estimated range figure based on riding behaviour. This is the manufacturers attempt to make the owners/riders realise how much do their riding style affects the range.
- NewsF1 2020 shutdown could be extended by several weeks
- NewsMotoGP: Andrea Iannone gets 18-month ban for failing drug test
- NewsAston Martin confirms return to F1 as a factory team after 61-year long hiatus
- FeaturesTaking a 2001 Yamaha R1 to the North Pole!
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Audi extends warranty and service period
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055