OVERDRIVE Independence Quattro Drive all set to hoist Tricolour in Ladakh
This Independence Day, a lucky group of 10 is all set to be a part of the 5th edition of the Live Life in OVERDRIVE with the Independence Quattro Drive that kicks off from Chandigarh on August 9. The group along with our team will be driving to the mystical Ladakh, where we will hoist the Tricolour on August 15.
Ladakh has been among OVERDRIVE's favourite destinations. That we have visited it 18 times in as many years should be telling enough of our affinity. The tradition continues this year too, as we celebrate our 19th anniversary there. The 9-day journey for Group 1 will begin in Chandigarh - home to some of the finest names in Indian motorsport.
The group will make its way up the majestic Himalayas in five Audi luxury SUVs in an adventure of a lifetime over the coming days. Terrain that is as extreme as it is exquisite will need our team to harness all the capabilities the Audi Q7 and Q3 have on tap.
Onward from the 'Fort of Chandi', Group 1 will begin their 350-kilometre drive into the Kullu Valley and stop in Manali, the crowded gateway to the Himalayas. Over the next week, the group will undergo harsh conditions as we make our way past mountain passes that have names like Baralacha La, Tanglang La, Lachulung La and end the first leg of the journey in Leh, where Group 2 of 10 more adventure junkies will join them.
From here, the drive will begin its next leg through the formidable Nubra Valley and cross the once-highest motorable road in the world, Khardung La, situated at a height of 17,582 feet above sea level. From here, the groups will head to Pangong Tso, the lake that India and China have in common. There is as much folklore as there are rumours about this water body; one can only experience its tranquillity and scale in person.
The last big stop on the Drive is Chushul War Memorial, where the groups will pay tribute to our martyred soldiers by unfurling the Tricolour and celebrating Independence Day in their honour. Our partners Michelin, TOTAL QUARTZ car engine oil, RED FM 93.5 and JW Marriott Chandigarh will ensure that the adventurers are aptly prepared for the experience.
To catch a glimpse of the drive and our experiences over the previous four editions of the Independence Quattro Drive, watch this video:
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19