OVERDRIVE show this week: LeEco LeSEE unveiled, India-bound 2016 VW Tiguan and Passat GTE driven
On this week's OVERDRIVE show, we take a look at the LeEco LeSee all-electric car. The LeSee is the Chinese tech giant's first foray into automobiles and will be developed by its recently opened automobile division, called LeAuto. The division was created to help Aston Martin with their RapidE. LeEco claims that the LeSee can reach a max speed of 209kmph. More details on the LeEco LeSee here.
Volkswagen is readying the Passat GTE for its India debut this year. The plug-in hybrid version of the Passat was recently launched in Europe. The car is based on the new generation B8 model that has been awaited for a while now, especially since Skoda's all-new Superb has hit Indian shores already. We drove the GTE in and around Berlin. Read our Volkswagen Passat GTE first drive here.
We have also driven the India-bound Volkswagen Tiguan. The new Volkswagen Tiguan is larger than its predecessor and looks a lot more stylish. It is also the first Volkswagen SUV to use this new vehicle architecture. The 2.0 TDI motor in the Tiguan makes 150PS and 340Nm of torque. Read our Volkswagen Tiguan first drive review here.
Starts Rs 30.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 28.07 Lakhs
- NewsCristiano Ronaldo gifts himself a Bugatti Centodieci, the world's most expensive car
- NewsAudi RS Q8 teased ahead of India debut
- NewsGMC drops teaser for Hummer EV with over 1,000PS and removable roof panels
- NewsKia Motors India crosses one lakh sales in 11 months
- NewsBajaj Auto has sold 2.38 lakh units of 2Ws in July 2020, down by 26 per cent