OVERDRIVE show this week: RE Himalayan comparo, redi-GO unveil and F-Pace first drive
This week on the OVERDRIVE show, we take a look at the unveiling of the production version of the Datsun redi-GO. Datsun India has unveiled the concept at the 2014 Auto Expo. The production version borrows heavily from the concept model. It gets a muscular profile that makes the hatch look butch and imposing. The top spec car unveiled gets faux skid plates to go with the urban cross theme that Datsun is harping about. The redi-GO sits on 155/80 section tyres shod on 13-inch steel rims. The redi-GO, similar to the Renault Kwid is powered by an 800cc motor. While Datsun hasn't mentioned anything on pricing yet, it will be positioned below the Renault Kwid. Read out detailed coverage here.
We have also driven the India-bound Jaguar F-Pace in Montenegro. You can read our first drive review here. Jaguar unveiled the F-Pace at the Frankfurt Motor show and then showcased it at the 2016 Auto Expo in India. The Jaguar F-Pace, similar to the XE and the XF, is built on Jaguar's new Lightweight Aluminium Architecture. Jaguar will launch the F-Pace with 2- and 3-litre diesel engines in India. It is expected to compete with the Porsche Macan in India.
We have also compared the recently launched Royal Enfield Himalayan with the Mahindra Mojo and the KTM 200 Duke. All these sub-Rs 2 lakh motorcycles have their unique features. The Royal-Enfield Himalayan is a purpose built adventure motorcycle while the KTM 200 Duke is a popular naked street bike. The Mahindra Mojo presents itself as a sporty tourer with a refined 300cc motor.
The OVERDRIVE show airs on CNBC-TV18 at 1300 on Saturday and 1530 on CNN-IBN. You can also catch it at 1230 and 2000 on Sunday.
Starts Rs 62.17 Lakhs
Starts Rs 69.98 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.92 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1,72,749
Starts Rs 1,49,520
Starts Rs 1,86,811
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block