OVERDRIVE's Winter Drive weather report: Snowy with a chance of lots of fun
Cable cars are a common sight in Gulmarg
For all you out there planning to head up into the mountains in the New Year, here is some good news. The weather in Gulmarg is superb and perfect for some good skiing. The temperature is 5 degrees below freezing and it's been snowing for the past few days. Lows for the next week are predicted to be consistently below -10 so you are assured of some chilly nights spent huddled under the sheets. The forecast for the next week also promises snow showers with the sun peeking out from the clouds on occasion. Good news indeed if you're one of the 10 lucky readers who are accompanying Abhay Deol and the OVERDRIVE team to the slopes of Gulmarg on our snow drive with Mercedes-Benz in their finest SUVs.
Enjoyable times like these are assured in Gulmarg
If below freezing temperatures is a worry for you let us assure you that simply dressing in layers ensures that you're well insulated and comfortable to enjoy the adventure. We made a trip to Gulmarg in November last year and though the temperatures were well below freezing we were comfortable in light jackets, thermals and one regular layer of clothing. Water proof shoes do help and ensure that your feet stay warm and dry through out the day. Keep your head and ears covered too as it's here that the cold affects you the most and you can lose a lot of body-heat from an uncovered head.
To register for the OVERDRIVE Winter Drive, click here
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?