OVERDRIVE's Winter Drive weather report: Snowy with a chance of lots of fun
Cable cars are a common sight in Gulmarg
For all you out there planning to head up into the mountains in the New Year, here is some good news. The weather in Gulmarg is superb and perfect for some good skiing. The temperature is 5 degrees below freezing and it's been snowing for the past few days. Lows for the next week are predicted to be consistently below -10 so you are assured of some chilly nights spent huddled under the sheets. The forecast for the next week also promises snow showers with the sun peeking out from the clouds on occasion. Good news indeed if you're one of the 10 lucky readers who are accompanying Abhay Deol and the OVERDRIVE team to the slopes of Gulmarg on our snow drive with Mercedes-Benz in their finest SUVs.
Enjoyable times like these are assured in Gulmarg
If below freezing temperatures is a worry for you let us assure you that simply dressing in layers ensures that you're well insulated and comfortable to enjoy the adventure. We made a trip to Gulmarg in November last year and though the temperatures were well below freezing we were comfortable in light jackets, thermals and one regular layer of clothing. Water proof shoes do help and ensure that your feet stay warm and dry through out the day. Keep your head and ears covered too as it's here that the cold affects you the most and you can lose a lot of body-heat from an uncovered head.
To register for the OVERDRIVE Winter Drive, click here
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block