Parth Ghorpade's 2017 Lamborghini Super Trofeo campaign begins with a podium
Parth Ghorpade and team-mate Jack Bartholomew, of FFF Racing, began their 2017 season of motorsport well. The duo qualified managed to finish their first race weekend of the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Middle East Series, second in class and third overall.
The race was perhaps made a little easier when the leading car retired. This meant that Ghorpade and Bartholomew were promoted to second place, behind Constantino Bertuzzi and Nigel Farmer. Third place was held by Richard Goddard and Carrie Schreiner. After the pitstops, Marco Antonelli and Davide Roda took the lead, while Ghorpade and Bartholomew continued in second, with Goddard and Schreiner third.
The second race wasn't quite as easy, with the FFF Racing pair having to start from the back of the grid. However, they did manage to make some progress, moving up the order to eventually finish seventh.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Suzuki Burgman Street 125cc maxi scooter image gallery