Parth Ghorpade's 2017 Lamborghini Super Trofeo campaign begins with a podium
Parth Ghorpade and team-mate Jack Bartholomew, of FFF Racing, began their 2017 season of motorsport well. The duo qualified managed to finish their first race weekend of the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Middle East Series, second in class and third overall.
The race was perhaps made a little easier when the leading car retired. This meant that Ghorpade and Bartholomew were promoted to second place, behind Constantino Bertuzzi and Nigel Farmer. Third place was held by Richard Goddard and Carrie Schreiner. After the pitstops, Marco Antonelli and Davide Roda took the lead, while Ghorpade and Bartholomew continued in second, with Goddard and Schreiner third.
The second race wasn't quite as easy, with the FFF Racing pair having to start from the back of the grid. However, they did manage to make some progress, moving up the order to eventually finish seventh.
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS service costs and warranty
- NewsImage gallery: BMW G 310 GS launched in India at Rs 2.99 lakh
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport partners with Wheels India to develop new forged alloy wheels for the Vento TC4-A touring car
- NewsBig Boy Toyz inaugurates showroom in Mumbai
- NewsNew-generation Lexus ES 300h bookings open in India, priced at Rs 59.13 lakh
- News2018 Honda Jazz launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh
- NewsEESL puts second tender to acquire 10,000 EVs on hold
- NewsSuzuki Burgman Street launched in India at Rs 68,000
- NewsLive Updates: Suzuki Burgman Street 125 India launch
- News2018 Goodwood Festival of Speed: Polestar 1 production-spec prototype debuts