Patel and Gilbert fifth-fastest in Practice 1 at Sepang
The first two practice sessions for the 2017 Blancpain GT Series Asia season-opener at Sepang were held today. Aditya Patel and ODRacing team-mate Mitch Gilbert finished fifth in the first session and fourteenth in the second practice session.
Topping morning's FP1 session at Sepang were Hunter Abbott and Raffaele Marciello of the GruppeM team in their Mercedes AMG GT3. The duo had a best time of 2min 17.584 at Sepang. Second spot went to Martin Kodric and Sandy Stuvik in their Vincenzo Sospiri Racing SRL Huracan GT3. The third fastest time was set by the second GruppeM car, also an AMG GT3, piloted by Tim Sugden and Jules Szymkowiak. Patel and Gilbert, down in fifth, set a time of 2min 17.982sec.
In the afternoon FP2 session, it was KCMG's Martin Rump and Sanghwi Rick Yoon who set the fastest time in their Audi R8 LMS GT3. Patel and Gilbert could do no better than 14th fastest, clocking a time of 2min 05.496sec. But their timing isn't a cause for worry, since the team was carrying out a race simulation with a full load of fuel.
The final free practice session will take place on Saturday morning, followed by two qualifying sessions - one each for Race 1 and 2 - and the hour-long Race 1. Race 2 will be held on Sunday, April 9.
Full FP1 results here.
Full FP2 results here.
Starts Rs 2.55 Crore
- NewsHyundai exports 5000 cars in May
- NewsMercedes-Benz all set to launch the new GLS on June 17
- NewsRenault, Nissan and Mitsubishi cars to share more commonality than ever before
- NewsLego now gets its hands on the Lamborghini Sian FKP 37
- NewsIntents Mobi app is helping truckers map services along India's road network, while getting paid for it
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!