Peter MacKenzie is new managing director of Harley-Davidson India
American motorcycle maker Harley-Davidson India on Monday announced the appointment of Peter MacKenzie as its new managing director for the country. MacKenzie who is MD for Harley-Davidson Greater China has assumed the India role in addition to his current designation in Shanghai, China. The position had been vacant since Vikram Pawah stepped down as MD of Harley-Davidson India in December 2016 and moved to BMW Group India as president. In the interim, VP and MD of international sales markets, Marc McAllister had been overseeing operations.
Announcing the appointment, Harley-Davidson stated that MacKenzie will continue to be based in Shanghai, with frequent travel to India. "On a day-to-day basis, Manish Agarwal, country manager, will be providing full support to our operations in India," the statement said. MacKenzie had joined H-D in 2010 and brings with him 25 years of experience in the automotive industry. There have been other announcements from the company as well, including its Milwaukee-8 engine powered Softail family motorcycle line-up for 2018, in which the Dyna family models such as the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, Low Rider, and Street Bob have now been merged.
Recently, Harley-Davidson India had launched the 2017 Harley Davidson Street Rod in the country. See what Shumi has to say about this improvement on the Harley-Davidson Street 750, which is also gaining popularity as a police escort motorcycle.
Starts Rs 14,59,000
Starts Rs 5,31,000
- NewsToyota Glanza hatchback to be launched in India on June 6
- NewsConfirmed: 2019 Aprilia Storm 125 and Vespa Urban Club to be launched in India on May 30
- News2019 TVS Apache RR310 launched in India with a slipper clutch for Rs 2.27 lakh
- FeaturesSoundscape: The hills of Kasauli come alive through a fantastic music festival
- NewsUpcoming production 2019 Kia SP2i SUV could get a head-up display