Peter MacKenzie is new managing director of Harley-Davidson India
American motorcycle maker Harley-Davidson India on Monday announced the appointment of Peter MacKenzie as its new managing director for the country. MacKenzie who is MD for Harley-Davidson Greater China has assumed the India role in addition to his current designation in Shanghai, China. The position had been vacant since Vikram Pawah stepped down as MD of Harley-Davidson India in December 2016 and moved to BMW Group India as president. In the interim, VP and MD of international sales markets, Marc McAllister had been overseeing operations.
Announcing the appointment, Harley-Davidson stated that MacKenzie will continue to be based in Shanghai, with frequent travel to India. "On a day-to-day basis, Manish Agarwal, country manager, will be providing full support to our operations in India," the statement said. MacKenzie had joined H-D in 2010 and brings with him 25 years of experience in the automotive industry. There have been other announcements from the company as well, including its Milwaukee-8 engine powered Softail family motorcycle line-up for 2018, in which the Dyna family models such as the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, Low Rider, and Street Bob have now been merged.
Recently, Harley-Davidson India had launched the 2017 Harley Davidson Street Rod in the country. See what Shumi has to say about this improvement on the Harley-Davidson Street 750, which is also gaining popularity as a police escort motorcycle.
Starts Rs 14,59,000
Starts Rs 5,31,000
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- News180 units of Toyota Vellfire MPV already sold in India
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055