Peter MacKenzie is new managing director of Harley-Davidson India
American motorcycle maker Harley-Davidson India on Monday announced the appointment of Peter MacKenzie as its new managing director for the country. MacKenzie who is MD for Harley-Davidson Greater China has assumed the India role in addition to his current designation in Shanghai, China. The position had been vacant since Vikram Pawah stepped down as MD of Harley-Davidson India in December 2016 and moved to BMW Group India as president. In the interim, VP and MD of international sales markets, Marc McAllister had been overseeing operations.
Announcing the appointment, Harley-Davidson stated that MacKenzie will continue to be based in Shanghai, with frequent travel to India. "On a day-to-day basis, Manish Agarwal, country manager, will be providing full support to our operations in India," the statement said. MacKenzie had joined H-D in 2010 and brings with him 25 years of experience in the automotive industry. There have been other announcements from the company as well, including its Milwaukee-8 engine powered Softail family motorcycle line-up for 2018, in which the Dyna family models such as the Harley-Davidson Fat Bob, Low Rider, and Street Bob have now been merged.
Recently, Harley-Davidson India had launched the 2017 Harley Davidson Street Rod in the country. See what Shumi has to say about this improvement on the Harley-Davidson Street 750, which is also gaining popularity as a police escort motorcycle.
Starts Rs 14,59,000
Starts Rs 5,25,000
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh